Sunday, March 4, 2012

And the winner is...

Congrats, Jennifer! Go ahead and make those granola bars, you've got a snack sack from snackTAXI comin' your way! I can't wait to hear how much you love it (and the bars). And thanks again to snackTAXI for sending the product my way...and to all of you for reading Daily Dose.

Speaking of snacks...

I've been killing the bananas lately. They're pretty much a staple in my grocery cart. With good reason, too. They're full of potassium and fiber—and flavor. Let us knot forget their flavor! Then again, I might be biased as I've always loved bananas. Mom says they were my favorite type of baby food, so I'm anxious to see how Hannah likes them. Until then, they're all mine. And they're in my salad:

Sounds crazy, right? But then again, it was a fruit-based salad. And it was so good! What's all those crumbles, you ask? None other than my botched-up batch of cinnamon raisin almond butter. I'm not one to waste good food, especially when it comes to almond butter (botched or not).

Like bananas, too? Check out the following:

Banana and Egg Oatmeal
Pineapple Macadamia Granola
Peanut Butter and Banana'dillas
Salted Almond Butter and Spinach Smoothie

You might also want to check out Cara Cara oranges next time you're at the grocery store.

Decidedly NOT banana-like, but quite citrusy with a hint of cranberry. I mean, there's more to life than bananas. Or is there?

It remains to be seen.

Question: What is your favorite way to eat a banana? Link me up to a recipe if you've got one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...