Saturday, March 31, 2012

Good Eats

So the girl and I are in South Bend tonight. Daddy is pulling some major hours out of his pocket for work this weekend, and my sister has another shower tomorrow, so I thought it the opportune time to test the sleepover waters. As I type this, Hannah is sleeping soundly in the crib my parents so graciously placed in one of their extra bedrooms. Alas, it hasn't been the easiest of days. I think she detected something different about her surroundings. Sure, we've been here before, but not overnight and certainly not without her daddy. Fussiness ensued, but we got through it.

We'll see if she gets through the night.

In the meantime, I am currently painting my nails, and while I wait for them to dry, I thought it'd be fun to share with you some delicious eats from the past 24 hours of my life. You guys like food, right? Take a look, and may the following inspire your own palates in some way, shape or form.

1) Egg, Basil and Jam Sandwich

It sounds goofy, but it's so great on the taste buds.There's something about the savory/sweet combination that gets me, and it certainly got me last night for dinner. Red onions, basil, a thin slice of Monterey Jack cheese plus some of the jam my Foodie Pen Pal sent me. Yum. I drool just thinking about it. (PS: I do NOT like my eggs runny. Nasty.)

2) Chicken Kabob Pita from Pita Grille in Granger, Indiana

I always love testing out the new restaurants that pop up in my hometown. The Pita Grille did not disappoint...oh, man. It was good! I'd show you the hummus, but the BFF dug in before I perfected my picture. And I couldn't blame her for doing so because it was so flavorful and inviting. As was the pita pocket above. Although, I must admit, I was a little intimidated by the size of the thing. It wasn't big, it was just stuffed (full of healthy goodness and love).

3) Berry Good Salad and a Pita Pizza

Nothing beats berries on a salad, especially of those berries are topped with Garlic Expressions (the best salad dressing e-ver). And yeah, I had pitas twice today. So be it. This 'za was worth it. I went minimal on the cheese and, to be honest, I loved it. I have a tendency to go overboard on the cheese when it comes to pizza, but I have to say, less is really the best.

Question: What's the best thing you ate today?

ENTER MY GIVEAWAY! You just might win a box of Chobani Greek Yogurt! (Contest ends at midnight EST on Tuesday, April 3, 2012).

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...