Monday, March 26, 2012

The Ultimate Runner's Guide (#Infographic)

I typically do three days of cardio (plus core) and two days of total-body strength training every week. Today happened to be one of those cardio days, and since I'm coming off a weekend, I was less than thrilled with the prospect of having to run on the treadmill (otherwise known as the "dreadmill"). It's just so boring. And I so felt like being lazy with my girl.

Then the following infographic showed up in my Google Reader as I chomped down some cereal. It had me at "get on your running shoes. Stretch and warm up. Now, on your mark, get set, go!"

The Ultimate Runners Guide
Get health and fitness tips at Greatist.com

 In case you're wondering, I busted out four miles today. Above average for a Monday, if you go by the stats above, and the longest I've clocked since my pre-baby days. I did, however, divide it up into two segments, taking a short break at the halfway point to work my core (and use the restroom). Wednesday is yet another cardio day, and I'm hoping to link the two this time. If I can last that long on the treadmill. Sometimes I have to hop off it to run my last mile on the track.

 I better download some new music, maybe that'll help.

Question: How do you fight boredom on the treadmill? Do you have a go-to running song?


3 comments:

Michelle said...

This is so helpful, thanks! In terms of running music my playlist has a little bit of everything, Arcade Fire, Sleigh Bells, Black Eyed Peas, TV on the Radio, Matt and Kim...Let me know if you want specific song names - I know I'm always on the lookout for new songs to motivate me.

TARA said...

I would love song names! Thanks, Michelle!

Michelle said...

Okay, here are some of my favorites. They always get me moving!

Halfway Home - TV on the Radio
Block after Block - Matt & Kim
Girl Talk – any song
Dog Days are Over - Florence and the Machine
We Found Love - Rihanna
Kickdrum Heart - Avett Bros.
Howlin’ For You – Black Keys
Ready to Start, Keep the Car Running & Month of May – Arcade Fire

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...