Thursday, March 15, 2012

Eleven Things

If you read blogs, you've probably read a survey or two written by your favorite blog authors. These things tend to bounce from blog to blog like chain mail of yore as bloggers tag each other to participate. Sometimes this blogger participates, sometimes she doesn't. And since I haven't in a long time, I thought I'd respond to the latest survey to come my way—from my blend ("blog friend") Erin of Creative Soul in Motion. The rules? Answer 11 questions, write 11 questions, and then tag 11 bloggers.

I'm gonna break the rules. (Don't be mad, girl.) I'm not going to tag any other bloggers. Instead, I thought it'd be fun to answer her questions, then introduce you to 11 favorites from my Google Reader.

Up first, the questions (and my answers).
You'll get the blogs tomorrow.

1) What is your favorite animal?
This is easy...the beagle.

We don't have one (yet), but my parents have two. Well, one. Kylie passed away a few years ago. Kedzie (pictured above) still rules their house. I mean, seriously! Beagles are just so cute!

2) Who would you go to lunch with if it could be anyone (dead or alive)?
Aunt Connie. My mom's oldest sister. She passed away from Leukemia when I was a baby. My only memories of her exist in the photographs of her holding me. I can't remember the sound of her voice, or what her hugs felt like. I was too young. She left too soon. My sister never got to meet her, she's six years younger than I. So I'd take her to lunch with me, too so that she could meet Aunt Connie.

3) What kind of music do you prefer to work out with, or do you not listen to any music at all.
I much prefer to listen to music, and it's generally of the booty shakin' variety. Sometimes I crank the Pandora, other times I go with my current play list:

4) What is the best vacation you've had so far?
Paris, France. Words can't really describe how utterly breathtaking that place is. The architecture and history combine with the modern and new to create an atmosphere that's so incredibly engaging. I went back in  2005, and I still can't stop thinking about the croissants. And to see La Tour Eiffel in person...

5)What do you hope to accomplish within the next year?
Giving my daughter the best first year possible is, of course, top priority right now. That said, I'd also like to get back into running. I haven't gone any long distances in quite some time, so I'm setting my sights on a significant race in the fall.  There are also projects to be done around the house, mainly a redo of our living room and bedroom.

6) Who do you trust and turn to for advice and a shoulder to lean on?
Lately, this person has been my mother.

This whole mom thing is tough, and it's nice to have her there for me in more ways than one. Of course, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't turn to and lean on my husband as well. He's been a real rock, a true partner, and I wouldn't be surviving as I am without him.

7) Favorite kind of flower?
I like everything from lilacs to dandelions...but roses are nice.



8) Best gift you've ever received?
My engagement ring. The night that Jason proposed was the very beginning of a new chapter in my life, which has subsequently led to even more chapters filled with happiness.

9) Favorite holiday?
Thanksday Birthgiving! Otherwise known as Thanksgiving, which has been known to fall before, after and on my birthday. Let's be honest, though. Who doesn't love Christmas?

10) Have you ever tried yoga? Do you like it?
Yes and yes, although I don't do it as often as I'd like to. I took a prenatal yoga class while I was pregnant, which was awesome, and I just got back into it last week for the first time (which was also awesome). I guess you could say that doing more yoga is part of my plan for this upcoming year, too.

11) What would you do with a million dollars?
Oh, wow. If only. Let's see...I'd start by paying off our debts, which thankfully aren't that great. I'd also set aside enough money to give Hannah the best of educations. And in Hannah's name, I'd make a donation to Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis, IN. Such a great place, God forbid she ever actually need to go there. And the, you know, I'd do some frivolous things like, hmmm...buy anything and everything I've ever wanted from Whole Foods. Buy a jar of NuttZo (most expensive nut butter I've ever seen). And yes, I'd even buy some shoes. Manolo Blahniks, Louboutins and Choos, please.

Question: What's the first thing you'd do with a million bucks? I mean, aside from paying off your debts. We'd all do that, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...