Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Rise up, work out.

Don't you hate it when you run out of a good thing? I ate the last of my granola bar bites last night (insert sad face here). I was forced to grab a bar from my stash of convenience, so this happened on my way to the gym this morning:

I picked it up on a whim at the grocery store the other day. I'm a sucker for bars I haven't tried, and this particular one caught my eye for it's impressive lack of ingredients:

Only seven, all of which are recognizable. Needless to say, it was quite tasty. Crunchy Honey Walnut...I mean, how could it NOT be? I have a Crunchy Cranberry Apple in my convenience stash still, but after looking at their website, I wish I had access to all of the other flavors and varieties, too. Here's to hoping I come across them somehow, somewhere. I'd snatch 'em up, for sure. It's not too often you come across a bar that's this straightforward.

One thing's for sure: This breakfast bar set the tone for a great workout.

I've been infusing a lot of action into my workouts lately. Lots of fast paced, high intensity moves that keep my heart rate up. It feels so good to move again that I'm really just trying to move, move, move my way through each workout. And burn those last few pounds of baby fat while I'm at it.

I think it might be working.

Just like our afternoon naps. Hannah went down around 3:45pm today and slept for exactly an hour. Just enough time for me to prep some more of those granola bites. They're cooking right now, so I'll let you know how they turn out. I switched up the ingredients and boy, does it smell good in my kitchen!

Now, this mom needs to hit "publish" and take advantage of the daddy-daughter bonding going on right now. My husband feeds her and puts her to bed, which gives me some time to get to all of those things I typically can't get to throughout the day.

Once those things are done, I typically spend the rest of my night missing my daughter as she sleeps soundly behind her closed door. God bless her sweet little self, I just wanna kiss those cheeks a thousand times more!

Question: Have you made any major changes to your workouts lately? Have you tried any new bars lately? I wanna know!

2 comments:

Monica T said...

My favorite bars are "made" by Cari Draft - trainer & owner of EcoTrek fitness in Grand Haven/Spring Lake, MI. There are called EcoTrek Fitness Bars and are made from real foods and are super yuumy. There are sold locally and in a few other spots around Michigan. Here's the FB page: https://www.facebook.com/EcoTrekBars
Enjoy! Monica

TARA said...

I've had them! So good...almost like truffles but way better for you!

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...