CINNAMON RAISIN PEANUT ALMOND BUTTER
Inspiration: Peanut Butter & Company's Cinnamon Raisin Swirl
• 1 cup almonds
• 1/2 cup peanuts
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 cup raisins
1) Preheat your oven to 350F. Place nuts on a cookie sheet and roast for five minutes once oven is hot enough. Remove and let cool another 5 minutes before adding them to your food processor.
2) Swirl nuts in your food processor until they begin to come together, like with a play-dough like consistency. This, of course, takes patience.
3) Add the cinnamon, continue to process until the concoction reaches a creamy state—or the state that makes you happiest.
4) Spoon into a bowl, then add the raisins and mix by hand. Store in an airtight container in your 'fridge.
What I love the most about the above is the mildness of the cinnamon and raisin flavors. They complement, rather than overpower, the flavor of the nut butter itself. 'Course, if you think it needs more flavor, you can absolutely add more cinnamon. Or raisins, actually.
Or you can make these cinnamon raisin peanut balls.
CINNAMON RAISIN PEANUT BALLS
Inspiration: Whole Foods' Chocolate Earth Balls
• 1 cup peanut butter
1) Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Make a well in the center of the ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
Are you running to your kitchen yet? If not, these should do it:
CINNAMON RAISIN GRANOLA BARS
Inspiration: Food and Whine's Fruity Granola Bars
• 1-1/2 cup oats
1) Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x13" baking pan or dish with non-stick cooking spray, or line it with parchment paper.