Monday, March 12, 2012

WIN THIS: SunWarrior Protein Powder

I'm not one to suggest the use of supplements. In fact, the American Council on Exercise discourages personal trainers from encouraging their clients to use them. There's just too much funky junk in the stores and, well...in the products, too. And one can never be sure exactly how some of that stuff will affect another's body. In addition, the use of supplements to enhance physical performance and/or appearance is (one might argue) completely unnatural and therefore not good for you. I'm of hat mindset as I prefer to get (and I prefer that my clients get) the benefits of a good workout from the good workout itself. And, of course, a well balanced diet.

There is one supplement I approve of (without a doubt) for daily use. The multi-vitamin. Hardly a supplement at all in the fitness world, let's be honest, and one that's often recommended by doctors. So it must be okay. And there's but one more supplement that I occasionally dabble with—protein. But I am very, very picky about the protein powders I consume, and I prefer to get my protein from healthy foods.

I've known many a trainer to push the consumption of protein. Some push food as a source, others go right to the powders. I will never go right to the powders with my clients, however I understand that sometimes the use of protein powders is just, well...easier that cooking up a chicken breast. Especially if you're squeezing in workouts. So I encourage my clients, if that's something they're interested in, to choose a plant-based protein powder. And to familiarize themselves with the ingredients within.

I, for one, enjoy SunWarrior protein.

At 83% protein, this raw vegan protein packs a great punch—and it's completely plant based, brown rice to be specific, which makes it vegan as well. If you at other protein powders on the market, specifically the whey based powders, you'd be hard-pressed to find one without a lot of unnecessary ingredients. And they don't always taste great.

This stuff tastes great, and blends well. I put the Vanilla Raw Vegan protein in a smoothie with spinach, strawberries,  half a banana and some milk.

 It was awesome...
...so awesome after my morning workout. I would have taken the time to prep an egg or some chicken, but these days, I get home from the gym right when someone else gets hungry, too. So there's no time to take care of myself...except there is, thanks to this protein powder. The chocolate was delicious, too. I mixed that straight-up style with some milk.

Speaking of mixing, it does. Really well. Sometimes they don't, they kinda stay clumpy despite the blender. Despite your best efforts to shake, shake, shake it up. But this stuff does. It blends perfectly, smoothly and doesn't leave any gritty residue throughout your beverage.

That alone makes it excellent.

Well, I guess that's not the only thing that makes it excellent. Obviously.

SunWarrior's newest product is their Warrior Blend protein powder. Check this out:



I know, you want some...right? Well, you might be able to get some. SunWarrior has agreed to give one Daily Dose reader a bag of their SunWarrior Warrior Blend protein powder in either the Vanilla, Chocolate or Natural flavor. If you want that lucky reader to be you, leave a comment on this post telling me what flavor you'd like and what you'd mix it with. (Please be sure to leave your email address so that I may contact you in the event that you win.)

Additional entries can be accumulated by doing any of the following:
1) Like SunWarrior on Facebook.
2) Follow SunWarrior on Twitter.
3) Like Daily Dose on Facebook.
4) Subscribe to Daily Dose via email.

Contest ends on Friday, March 16, 2012 at midnight EST. The winner will be announced on Sunday, March 18, 2012.

G'luck!

53 comments:

Cheryl said...

If the taste is so phenomenal Id just mix it wit good old fashioned H20. I liked everything on facebook too!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey said...

I liked Sunwarrior on Facebook!

Jen @ Peanut Butter and Peppers said...

I would love vanilla, so I could make strawberry smoothies! I never had protein powder and would love to try it!!

Jen @ Peanut Butter and Peppers said...

Following SUn Warrior on FB

Jen @ Peanut Butter and Peppers said...

Following you on FB!

Anonymous said...

I have a question, so, when you add the spinach to the smoothie (I already do one without the powder or spinach and with Chobani plain Greek yogurt), what kind of taste does it usually add to the smoothie? I've wanted to try it but I'm a little afraid of the taste.

Courtney said...

I would like to try chocolate. Probably mixed with peanut butter and frozen bananas.

rashc@ecu.edu

TARA said...

@Anon: If you put too much spinach in the smoothie, you'll definitely get that salad type of taste. I put a small handful in, and gives just the right amount of flavor...sort of weakens the sweetness of the smoothie, if that makes sense. If you like spinach, you'll like this effect. Trust me, it looks worse than it tastes!

Alessandrina @CucinaLibera said...

I'd love to try the Vanilla!

al_luluuu said...

I would love to try some SunWarrior...always heard great stuff but never found it! I would love the vanilla flavor to use in my protein pancakes!

Alessandrina @CucinaLibera said...

I now follow SunWarrior on Twitter.

Alessandrina @CucinaLibera said...

Following SunWarrior on fb!

VeganLisa said...

I like sunwarrior mixed with kale and a frozen banana. Great way to star the day.

Joyce Cherrier said...

Would love the vanilla for my morning oats!

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes said...

I'd love to try the vanilla! I'd probably use it in smoothies or pancakes!

sahara_diane@hotmail.com

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes said...

I like Sunwarrior on Facebook.

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes said...

I follow SunWarrior on Twitter.

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes said...

I like DailyDose on Facebook.

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes said...

Subscribed to the email list.

sahara_diane@hotmail.com

danamdkny said...

I like to mix it w Frozen fruit - blueberries esp.

danamdkny said...

I like Sun warrior

danamdkny said...

I also follow Sunwarrior on Twitter

colin said...

I would definitely get the Vanilla flavor and mix it with kale, frozen banana, strawberries, and finish with frozen blue and blackberries. Whip it up in my Vitamix and enjoy.

Anonymous said...

I would like to try the chocolate! I think it would go great with spinach and frozen cherries and a little bit of almonds butter :)

Anonymous said...

I would like to try the chocolate! I think it would go great with spinach and frozen cherries and a little bit of almonds butter :)

Anonymous said...

"Like" Sun Warrior on FACEbook!

Anonymous said...

Following Sun Warrior on Twitter!

Anonymous said...

"Liked" Daily Dose on Facebook!

Anonymous said...

Following daily Dose via email!

bnhealthy said...

Chocolate - i would & do mix it with everythinv! Strawbe& spinach wis my fav!!!

Carrie Buddington said...

I like the chocolate and for a meal on the go I mix it with almond milk in a blender bottle, but if I have a little more time I love throwing it into the blender with coconut water, hemp hearts, frozen fruit, and a banana for a delicious smoothie!

Carrie Buddington said...

My email is cbuddg@gmail.com

Carrie Buddington said...

I also mix sun warrior chocolate with almond milk and pour over Total whole grain cereal for breakfast. It's yum.

farnham82 said...

Vanilla!! I'd mix it with bananas or blueberries!! I've always wanted to try sun warrior protein!

Unknown said...

It's about time I heard about something like this. I would probably mix it with some super foods like avacado and spinach with some blueberries and soy milk. I'm gonna get this stuff reguardless if I win some for free. Bantamweight here I come!!

millerb said...

I follow SunWarrior on Facebook

millerb said...

I follow Sunwarrior on Twitter.

millerb said...

I like Daily Dose on Facebook.

millerb said...

I'd like to try the raw vegan chocolate protein, because I haven't tried chocolate yet, just vanilla. I'd like to use it it making some raw cookies or in some baked things to add some protein to cookies or muffins! millerb68@gmail.com

Trey said...

Chocolate Warrior Blend please! :) Plan to mix it with almond or coconut milk, frozen bananas and strawberries, and spinach.

RONI YAGER said...

Ok, no fair, cause I don't have facebook or twitter anymore...I gave up social media to focus on school more.
The protein sounds awesome! I have used whey for so long and it's starting to cause some stomach upset...I would use the vanilla and make it in my homemade peanut butter protein bars! :)

deb said...

I'd definitely want the vanilla to mix with berries, bananas, and almond milk!!!

Javier S Fox said...

Actually, I'd love anything that has Chocolate, so a plant-based chocolate protein shake sounds a match made in heaven.

BTW, I already Like and Follow Sunwarrior.

George's mom said...

I've started making smoothies for breakfast... I would love to add the chocolate powder to them!

JR said...

I'd love to try the vanilla flavor in oatmeal

JR said...

I like sunwarrior on FB

JR said...

I like you on FB

JR said...

I subscribe to your blog via email

Daph said...

I would like to try natural and experiment with it:)
earthdancedaph@yahoo.com

Daph said...

I follow SunWarrior on twitter
earthdancedaph@yahoo.com

Daph said...

I subscribed to you blog via email
earthdancedaph@yahoo.com

Cindy said...

After deciding to becoming a vegan earlier this year after being a vegetarian most of my life, I know that protein is very important. When I came across Sun Warrior I was ecstatic! I have been using their vanilla protein for a few months now and feel amazing but would love to test out the chocolate sometime. What a great giveaway!

Anonymous said...

With my greens mix
Kale
Collard
Spinach
Celery
Ginger
apple
Chlorella
Maca
And now vanilla sun warrior

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...