Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Strength Session for Saturday

So that sore throat of mine? It totally turned into a cold. My efforts to walk outside yesterday were weak in the face of whatever virus I currently have, but one night of Benadryl-induced sleep seemed to help. At least in terms of my sore throat. When I woke up this morning, I was really sniffly and raspy. And still quite tired. The last thing I really wanted to do was hit the gym, but my mom was coming up for a joint session and I knew that if I cancelled, I would ultimately regret it. Why? Because:

Great quote, right?

So I laced up the sneaks and took her to the gym. And it really was a decent workout, all things considered. Here's what we did:

Not a lot of equipment-based cardio, but remember—you don't have to be on cardio equipment to challenge your cardiovascular strength. Move steadily from one exercise to the next and you'll get that heart rate up, for sure. Don't rush, just don't stop and chit-chat for minutes on end here and there. Keep it goin', friend!

Speaking of...time to hit the grocery store. Is it just me, or are groceries ridiculously expensive regardless of where you shop? Maybe I just have expensive taste buds.

Question: How do you save money at the grocery store? I mean, aside from coupons.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...