Sunday, May 8, 2011

If you're a mom, I wish you a happy day.

It happens to be Mother's Day. I celebrate this day in honor of my mother, mother-in-law and grandmothers. I wish upon them the happiest of days, and I wish upon you the same if you are a mother, too. Although I am not a mother, I am what they call a "Godmother."

We spent some time together this weekend, my godchild and I. (Read yesterday's post!) In between time on the playground, waffles with sprinkles, a Fancy Nancy book and the Hanna Montana soundtrack—she ended up coming with us on what just might be a series of life-alterning adventures. I haven't mentioned this yet, but we've been hunting for a house. Our apartment is just not getting the job done anymore. Long story short, we may have found one. And as we walked around the house, Julia (Godchild and cousin) said to my husband "Jason...get this." And so we just might.

That is, if they like our offer.

I can hardly sit still.

If all goes well, I might actually dance in my pants. 'Course, it doesn't really take much for me to get up and dance. I do love to boogie down. So perhaps I should invest in Julianne Hough's dance-based workout video. It's been out for awhile, but I've never really watched it until now.

Here's a clip:



In all honesty, I can't say that I'd make the above my entire fitness regime, but it does look like a bunch of fun. And if you can't have fun while you're working out, well...then you must be doing something wrong. Perhaps you need to change your attitude, or perhaps you just need to find something that'll help you break through your plateau. Somethin' different to jumpstart your body, or something that'll simply remind you of the fact that fitness can be fun.

Because whether you want to admit it or not, fitness can be a ton of fun. And so could Julianne's video. 

Question: Do you think fitness is fun? Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...