Sunday, May 29, 2011

I did not survive.

Honesty is my policy, so I feel compelled to let you (my dear readers) know that I did not survive yesterday's cookout at my parents' house. I ate breakfast, I ate lunch...I was poised for great success. And then my mom got out all of her bowls and chips and salsas. And she made guacamole, which I am addicted to. (I was obviously too busy consuming food to take photos of said food.) Then I found these:

Twizzlers. Also an addiction. As you can see, there are no longer any red Twizzlers left in the bag. Yeah, that was me.

So I failed. I failed miserably. And I made this failure worse when I made two boxes of macaroni and cheese for all the kids in attendance. I should have never "tested" the batch. It lead to four more test bites. If you do the math, that pretty much equates to an entire serving.

Basically speaking, my diet ended up much like the kitchen.

A total wreck.

Sigh.

I can't tell you the last time I ate a bowl of macaroni and cheese.

I can't tell you the last time I pigged out so happily.

(Insert shoulder shrug here.)

Needless to say, I woke up hungry for something healthy. Something that would start my day off on the right foot, so of course, I turned to:

A delicious bowl of Banana Oatmeal. Can't beat it, you really cannot.

Although, I have to say, I thought twice about taking a bite of one of these tasty guys:

Be proud of me, I stayed clear. And now, here I sit. Contemplating a day filled with grocery shopping and errand running, wondering when I'll get some time for fitness. Perhaps a walk about town is on order. We shall see how the day unfolds.

Oh, and since we're talking about epic failures, I have to admit that yesterday's yoga session didn't happen. Apparently, I thought it started at 10:30AM. Oh, but it started at 10:00AM. 

Dumb.

Question: What's your plan for the day?

1 comment:

Tami said...

You may have failed but count the blessings of being around friends and family to equal out the good and bad. I did not fail but did NO exercise. Out to golf soon. Not a ton of exercise but time alone with the hubby. Happy Sunday!

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...