Thursday, September 6, 2012

Will run for chocolate!

If you follow me on Pinterest, you've no doubt discovered my #fitnessbucketlist. It's not one of my biggest boards, but it's a place where I like to pin certain must-do, must-buy and must-achieve things. All of which are directly related to fitness (obvi). Today, I'm happy to announce that I will be knocking off one of the items I've pinned, and I'll be doing so with my mom right next to me..

Yep, this girl will run for chocolate in Chicago come November 1. Let's be honest, though. I'd run for chocolate on absolutely any day of the week in any location anywhere because I'm that much in love with the stuff. Case and point, I don't really care about the sweet sweatshirt I get for signing up. I don't even know if you get a medal when you cross the finish line. I do, however, care and know that this will be mine when a little over nine miles are behind me:


I know, right? The plan is to indulge. And enjoy. But first, I have to get my mileage up again. The farthest I've gone as of late is but six miles. So I need to add three more to that in two months' time which shouldn't be a problem, provided I stay consistent with increasing my distance from here on out. 

I haven't quite put together a plan yet, but I know that I'll need to physically write it out. When plans like this are right in front of my face, rather than in my head, I do much better with sticking to them. And since this is a race that I've always wanted to complete, I want to train well to finish strong.

Train well. Finish strong. Eat chocolate.

I'm so excited. 

Question: What fitness events are in your future? Anything you're particularly excited about?

1 comment:

Kelly McNelis said...

I'm running the Rochester Marathon on Sept 23rd. I'm so jealous that you'll be running a Hot Chocolate race! I registered for the one in DC last year but didn't end up running because it was too much of a hassle to coordinate traveling with my little girls. Running + chocolate, is there any better combination?!? (except maybe running + beer....)

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...