Friday, October 15, 2010

Ultimate Pilates Workouts

You might have noticed that I haven't been talking about Pilates. And yes, you're right in assuming that I haven't been doing Pilates either. It saddens me, really. I've been teaching about six classes a week, which leaves little room (or need) for personal workouts. And also, I'm somewhat bored with my Pilates DVD and podcasts. "Maybe," you say, "you should just download more podcasts." Yep, I know. That would be the obvious move.

So as I went to do just that, I discovered my favorite instructors—twins Kimberly and Katherine— branched out from their original podcast with a website. Ultimate Pilates Workouts offers free, full-length Pilates videos that take you from the mat to the BOSU and beyond. And yes, once again, you can watch them all for free. (You'll have to pay a small fee if, and only if, you choose to download a video.)

It looks as though someday you'll be able to create your own workout, but now I see that this site has been up and running for a while (Where have I been?) so who knows if and when that will happen. But at the very least, great pre-made workouts await you! And do you know what awaits me? A boiled egg! I made a few the other day because I was craving a protein-y snack.

Did you know that eggs contain about six grams of protein, and that almost four of those grams come right from the white part? I just read that in ACSM's Health & Fitness Journal. The little blurb went on to say that egg proteins are of the highest quality, thanks to an "amino acid pattern almost matching the human requirement for essential amino acids." I'm not entirely sure how to interpret that, but I do know that essential amino acids cannot be created within the body. And our body really needs them, which makes the foods we eat our key suppliers. Draw your own conclusions from there.
I know it's not Easter. Clearly I did not color my eggs (or write funky messages on them, as my family typically does), but I am most certainly enjoying them.  Especially this one, since it's my last one.

Barbie teeth!

I can't stop laughing. I'm seriously so sorry I posted this obnoxious and crazy (and somewhat nasty) picture of myself. Literally, I cannot stop laughing. My sister and I used to do this all the time when we were kids. OK, so what if we still do.

Aly, you can forget about denying it. You KNOW you rock the Barbie teeth every. single. time. you eat a boiled egg. Parental Units, if either of you are reading this, back me up on that fact!

Anyway. That's enough goofing off for one day. Time to get serious. Time to act my age. After all, I only get to be 29 for a few more weeks!

Question: How do you get back on your workout bandwagon if you happen to fall off of it? Do you eat boiled eggs outside of Easter?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the photo. Classic! I adore hard-boiled eggs, but - true confession time - I never eat the yellow part. It's a texture thing. I always pitch it in the disposable. Keep writing, love to start my day with your blog!

Aly said...

You betcha I still do it!

Tammy said...

I think it was Aly who even created the "Barbie Teeth" move. You're only as old as you let yourself feel, by the way, so keep on laughing and feel 29 forever. Oh, and your healthy lifestyle? Makes it even better!

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...