Saturday, April 13, 2013

There's a Whole Foods in my neighborhood.

I said that I would stay away for a few weeks. That I'd let the hoopla die down a bit. But I don't think anyone believed me, including myself. I had to go. I've been sitting on the edge of my seat, waiting for the doors to open since, probably when I first heard that Whole Foods would be coming to my hometown.

I no longer live in my hometown, but I'm a short (and totally drivable) distance away. In case you're wondering, I lasted two days before I decided to make that drive. Whole Foods Mishawaka opened on Wednesday, and I went yesterday afternoon.

Seriously, though. It was too busy to take many pictures inside the place. I didn't want to be the weirdo walking around the store with a camera, bumping into anyone and everything. (Turns out, I did enough of that without my camera—so crowded.) And I certainly didn't want to miss what the place had to offer. But I did snap a few shots with my iPhone, which you might have already seen on Instagram.

Is there a better "candy" aisle?

"I'll take a Buffalo and Blue Cheese chicken burger and a Garden Vegetable turkey burger, and one Italian turkey meatball. Please, and thank you."

I turned the meatball into a little burger for Hannah. Gosh, it was all so good. Also good:

Guac-kale-mole. Holy. Wow. Please buy this if you venture to the store in the future. I don't know if they carry it in all Whole Foods or what, but the stuff is dynamite. You really can't even taste the kale. Needless to say, I bought some kale and a few avocados at the grocery store today. I can't imagine it's hard to recreate because, obviously, the tub I bought is already empty.

Moving on (to distract you from the fact that I pigged out on guac).
Here's a look at everything else I bought (in case you care):


And the purchase that I'm the most excited about:

It smells SO GOOD.

Back tomorrow with the Green Mountain Coffee winners and a Chicago Women's Half Marathon training update. Get excited.

Question: What is your favorite thing to buy at Whole Foods?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...