Wednesday, July 1, 2015

A Travel Workout from @CohesiveFitness (my new #BlogFest buddy!) #workoutwednesday

A few days ago, I got an email from the powers that be over at IDEA. Would I consider being buddies with yet another blogger at BlogFest? Tiffany and I had already been paired up. I'm a total newbie at this event and am so ready to meet some fun and exciting bloggers/fitness enthusiasts, so of course I said "yes." Enter Stephanie of Cohesive Fitness.

She's a Pilates instructor and new blogger and I can't wait to meet her! Up first, a little question/answer session so you can get to know her, too:

1) Who are you? Tell us in a brief paragraph who you are, what city you live in and what you blog about. My name is Stephanie and I live in San Diego, CA where I was born and raised. I went to college at Long Beach State and received a BA in Dance in 2009. After graduating, I went into corporate and set my dreams aside to pay the bills. I am finally in a position where I was able to leave my corporate career (May 15, 2015) and follow my dreams of writing and teaching Pilates. Becoming a blogger just made so much sense, and I love it! My blog, Cohesive Fitness, is a healthy living blog. I take the approach that feeding your soul will help you to accomplish your fitness goals. I post workouts, playlists and lifestyle articles. I try to deliver a lot of value to my readers by offering helpful tips and advice.

2) If you could meet your fitness celebrity crush, what would you say to them? Todd Durkin is my fitness crush. My husband actually works at his fitness facility so I have met him before, but for some reason I am so shy around him! He is so energetic and it's infectious but I guess I feel a little intimidated. I am taking one of his sessions at the conference this year, and I am totally looking forward  to it!

3) Anything you'e really excited, nervous, anxious about the conference? I think I am excited and nervous about meeting the bloggers that are further along in their careers than I am. I launched Cohesive Fitness on My 1, 2015 so I am super new! Also, I am nervous about approaching brands for partnership because I know that I don't have the biggest readership yet. I made gorgeous business cards that I am proud of, so I hope that boosts my confidence.

4) If you could close one fast food chain, due to disgusting food, what would you pick? McDonald's. I really don't like anything they make there (except maybe the fudge sundaes).

5) When did you first become interested in the fitness world and what sucked you in? I have been interested in the fitness world since I stopped dancing as much. I never had to worry about fitness as a dancer because I was just so active. The second I took a corporate job, the pounds came on quickly. I decided to get certified as a Pilates instructor back in February 2014 and haven't looked back since. Although I am heavier than I would like, I have built up a lot more muscle mass than I had as a dancer, and I love the way  my body feels now! I know I am fit on the inside, and my self-esteem has grown exponentially because of work I have done on the inside.

6) What is your go-to place for fitness questions? My husband. He is a Kinesiology major at SDSU, so I love asking him all the scientific questions. I also love chatting with Heather for nutrition advice.

For more from Stephanie, visit her website and follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!

And now, that travel workout I promised you. I don't know about you, but when I travel, I like to stick to my workout schedule if at all possible. Lack of equipment can sometimes derail those plans. Or at the very least, change them in a good way. Here, a workout you can do without any equipment...well, unless you count your suitcase and a chair, which are usually readily available when you're traveling.

As always, be sure to warm up and cool down—and modify as necessary to fit your individual fitness needs.

Question: How do you stick to your fitness routines when you travel? Do you travel with equipment? Source out local gyms? Use travel as an excuse to take a break? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...