Monday, July 6, 2015

6 Things I'm Loving Right Now, Vol. 15

One thing that's so great about the Internet—You never know when you're going to come across your next favorite thing. I love it when other bloggers share their lists of current favorites, and it's something I've been doing for a few months now, too. Although, admittedly...it's been awhile. So here we are. My current favorites.

1) My First Running Trophy
So when I ran that glow run a few weekends ago, I seriously ran it. And ended up being the first female to cross the finish line. I know for a fact that there are faster women in my running community that could have crossed before me...but, man. I gave everything I had to that 5K because a friend of mine planned it. It was the first year, small crowd. He thought for sure I could win it, so...I mean...you can't let a friend down, can you? The trophy is cool, but the best part of it all: "Look daddy! Mommy won a trophy for me!" 

Yes, baby girl. I did it just for you and you can keep it in your room, for sure.

Note: I received the following favorite free of charge from Mizuno via my partnership with FitFluential. All opinions are my own...I tell it like it is.

2) Mizuno Wave Enigma 5 Running Shoes
I love Mizuno running shoes. I've had the opportunity to review the Wave Sayonara, Wave Rider 18, and now the new Wave Enigma 5 running shoes. 

All neutral, all different. Honest truth: I think these are my least favorite, but that's not saying much because I still love them. Super cushiony, which is great for long distances, but not my favorite feature for shorter (and faster) running. Also, the toe box feels a bit narrower than the other styles, but that could be my feet (ahem, bunions). Needless to say, I've been rotating them in with the Wave Riders and my Puma Ignite running shoes.

3) Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Nothing beats a recipe that's been passed down from one generation to the next, right? Such is the case with the Strawberry Rhubarb Jam that I made yesterday. 

The recipe itself is not the only thing that's been passed down. The rhubarb plant that I have is an offshoot of a rhubarb plant that grew on my great-grandfather's farm. I think one of the things I was most excited about when we bought our first house was the fact that I could now grow my own rhubarb. And make my own Strawberry Rhubarb Jam. I have so much of it my 'fridge right now. I'll be eating it every day until it's gone, for sure.

4) Baby Steps
My little buddy is officially walking. It's the cutest thing ever. I'm totally loving the pitter-patter of his little feet on our hardwood floors. And secretly, I love it when he falls because it's the darn cutest thing ever—99% of the time, a hard fall is followed by a laugh and some clapping. #bestever

5) Pink Flowers
I suck at growing everything but rhubarb, but so far, my pink plants are doing well (despite a few days without water). Most of the plants in my yard are fairly low maintenance, so I don't really have to worry about it. But I like looking out our big front window and seeing a splash of pink. So I'm doing what I can to keep these pretties alive for the duration of the season. 

6) The Train Like a Mother  Half Marathon Training Plans
I keep talking about the training plans in this book because I'm absolutely loving how they are changing my running game. I can only run three times a week, more if I'd like to over train (which I don't), so I'm doing what I can to make the most of those three runs. This includes speed and hill work, which is much more fun than just going out and adding miles. And yes, it's definitely making me stronger and faster. There are two plans in the book. I'm doing a mash up of both, tailored to fit my three-days-a-week schedule. 

Question: Tell me about one thing you're loving right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...