Friday, October 28, 2011

Something you might find Pinteresting:

I didn't always "like" Facebook, and I'm still not "tweeting." But this...this Pinterest thing? I'm all over it. If you haven't heard of Pinterest, it's essentially a "virtual pinboard" that "allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web." Like that bulletin board you had in your bedroom when you were little, the one you pinned pictures of all your favorite toys and tween actors to? It's like that, but on the Internet. And, well...I guess it's more mature since you can pin recipes and wedding ideas, fitness tips and fashion finds, great quotes and girly hairstyles.


Key words in that last sentence: Fitness tips.

I'm loving it for the access to fun fitness content I might not otherwise come across. And when I find something I like that someone else has already pinned, I can pin it to my own board for later reference. Or I can pin something I find on the Internet, which essentially puts it up for other pinners to repin.

Sound confusing? It might be at first. It took me some time to figure out what's what with the site, but once it clicks and you get it, you get addicted. Right now, the site runs by invitation only, but you can request an invite. From the site or from me. Or from any of your other friends who are already on Pinterest. Trust me, they are.

So check it out. It's worth it. And let's be honest...it totally beats using pushpins and cork board. Ever drop a box of pushpins on the floor? Not fun to clean up.

Feel free to pin your favorite Daily Dose posts for all to see! How? Put the "Pin It" button on your Bookmarks toolbar. It's super easy—and this little button is how YOU add to Pinterest from sites beyond mine. If you want to follow me on Pinterest, you can click on the button in the "Subscribe" section of the column at right. Although, just so you know, I go beyond fitness with my pins. Think fashion, cooking, words...I guess you'll get to know me right quick if you don't already!

Question: Do you pin?

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I too have become a Pinterest addict. I love it! :)

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...