Sunday, March 20, 2011

When the hubby is away, the wifey will play!

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do to keep herself entertained, right? Don't get me wrong, I'd rather the boy be with me. (He's in Chicago, perfectly content with what he is doing. Of that I am certain.) Even so, it's been a great weekend. The evidence:

Whenever I pay a visit to my parents, I always seem to leave with more than I arrived with. I can't figure it out. See above, and note that I drove down with the Vera duffel and the tan purse on the floor. Everything else: things left behind during previous visits, things purchased at stores I don't have near my own home, and sometimes (in the case of the brown purse on the bench) things gifted to me from my loving parents. I mean, look at all this stuff! It's a bit ridiculous, given our lack of storage space at the moment. But it's also quite fun.

I mean, obviously we made way too many wedding programs. Why I feel the need to keep them? No clue. But alas, I cannot part with them because I love them so. Maybe someday I'll have a daughter, and maybe she'll want to play wedding with them. Or maybe someday I'll finally realize that nothing is to become of them, at which time I'll toss them without a second thought right into the trash bin.

And yes, I did take a picture of myself in the mirror. Fun with mirrors! You know you do it, too.

REWIND! Einstein's was great. Remember my lack of interest in bagels? They've got these bagel thins, and they're super good. So good I didn't even snag a pic. Honey Wheat with low-fat Sundried Tomato and Basil cream cheese held me over for a few hours. Just enough bread, just enough flavor. Just enough goodness and love in my stomach. For dinner? Turchicken burgers on the grill, complete with fresh guacamole and a sweet potato.  But why, you might wonder, was I so dressed up? My favorite cover band was playing at a bar I hadn't been to in ages. Good times had by all.

And really, even when you're living the fit life and watching what you eat and do—you have to allow yourself some good times. Try not to get too bogged down by calories and crunches. Yes, it's important to keep track of these things, but do not under any circumstance obsess about them. In life, happiness is the very most important thing and to live a balanced life is to live a great life. Get your workout in, but get your playtime in, too. Always and forever.

Question: How do you get your playtime in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...