Monday, July 30, 2012

Medicine Ball Mashup

I broke out the medicine balls in my Circuit Sculpt class this morning. I haven't been using them at all...typical, really. I tend to use the heck out of stuff, then forget about it all for a few weeks before breaking said stuff out again. Such was the case with the medicine balls. What about you? Do you use them on a regular basis? Regardless, I thought it would be fun to piece together a medicine ball workout for you. Mind you, the balls we use in class are 4 kilograms, which equates to a little over 8 pounds. You don't need a heavy ball to make it count, though you can certainly use one if you'd like.

Please note that the following assumes you've warmed up for at least ten minutes, and it also assumes you're A-OK to hit the gym. If there's any question, please consult your physician.

Cool?
Cool.

Some clarifications:

Squats with Ball Between Knees
This exercise is exactly like it sounds. Squeeze that ball between your knees like so and squat:

Medicine Ball Crunches
Otherwise known as leg extension crunches.

Ball Pass Pushups
Start in pushup position with the medicine ball under your right hand. Perform one pushup, then pass the ball to your left hand without breaking form. Repeat until you've completed all of the prescribed repetitions.

Wide Leg Squat Hold with Overhead Press
Yes, it's exactly as it sounds. As you hold the medicine ball over your head, press your hands into it throughout your squat hold to activate your upper body. Don't just hold it...press it.

Walking Lunges with a Twist
Remember to twist over the leg that's in front.

Need further help? Let me know: dailydose (dot) notes (at) gmail (dot) com.
In other news, I had a fantastic smoothie today.

Mix one serving of Chobani's Peach Greek Yogurt with half a banana, two apricots, a cup of milk and four ice cubes. Yes, four. I'm convinced it's the right amount as this number of cubes has never done me wrong.

Question: What's your go-to smoothie?

4 comments:

Katie @wishandwhimsy said...

Oh my goodness, that smoothie looks delicious! Perfectly refreshing on a hot summer day!

Amy Keefe said...

My go-to smoothie is: 0% Plain CHO + 1/2 banana + 1 scoop chocolate whey powder + almond milk + spinach. Mmmm, now I'm cravin' it! Oh, I do 4 ice cubes, too! Too few, watery smoothie, too many, it's chunky! Great minds think alike. ;)

Amy
Chobani

adailydoseoffit said...

Mmm, sounds delish! I'll have to pick up some Plain CHO next time I'm at the store. I make something similar, but I add a dab of peanut butter to it. Love the four cubes method. Hysterical that we both do it! It's a science, I swear.

Amy Keefe said...

Better yet, shoot me an email at amy.keefe[at]chobani dot com and let me get you hooked up with an assorted case of CHO!

Amy
Chobani

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...