Friday, July 27, 2012

I'll never be an Olympic gymnast.

...but that doesn't mean I can't dream about what it would be like to stand on that podium. Any podium, really. I did gymnastics when I was little. Grade school, during my seventh and eighth years. And I was actually a part of a competitive team. I sucked it up on the balance beam, vault and uneven bars. But on the floor, well...I loved me some floor exercise.

I never scored a perfect 10, but I did win a few blue ribbons in my time. Even some "gold" medals, which are now all tucked away in a box at my parents' house. What I'll ever do with them, I have no idea. Maybe I'll pull them out when Hannah gets older and let her play pretend with them.

Not tucked away—my love for the sport. And the Olympics.

Let's be honest, it's pretty much the only time I ever make an effort to watch gymnastics these days...unless I happen upon some random competition on ESPN. But we don't have cable, so that never happens. I'm vastly unfamiliar with the current crop of pixies representing our country at the games, but who cares. The Olympics are here. And to celebrate, I thought we'd take a look at my three most favorite Olympic gymnastics moments. They're probably everyone's favorites, really. All of them examples of athleticism and strength in their own unique ways:





Question: What Olympic events do you enjoy the most? Anything you're looking forward to watching? Aside from the gymnastics, I'm anxious to see how Michael Phelps does in the pool...seems like he's got a hottie on his heels this year. And then there's Oscar Pistorius the sprinter from South Africa with synthetic legs. Words can't even describe his ability to inspire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...