Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mom!

My mother is awesome. You might think I have to say that because she gave me life, but it's true...she really is awesome. The woman is now 51 years old, but you'd never know it. People are always shocked to learn we are a mother/daughter combo. Needless to say, I got some good genes. (Don't worry, Dad. I love what I got from you, too.) But it's not just her looks that make her awesome, it's the love she shares. Her heart is bigger than big. Family means so much to her and it's something she's instilled in me, which I cannot thank her enough for. Especially now that I'm building my own family.

She's a good Grammy, my mom is.

She's also a good mom, even though I'm all grown up. Although, let's be honest, do we ever stop needing our moms just because we become one ourselves? No. We need them more than ever as we get older. And I am glad that she is mine. There's not a thing I can't turn to her for, not a thing she wouldn't do for me. For that, I am blessed.

I am blessed to have learned from the best.

My mother is awesome, not just because she's my mom. The lady is super fit. More fit than she's ever been, I think. She never used to be a runner, but now...just try and stop her.

F28315, you rock the finish line. Don't ever let yourself think otherwise! You can do it, you can always do it. Even when you feel like giving up. Case and point: Third place finish in your age group at the Hartford run. For a bad run, it sure did end on a good note.

Any race I (we) run with you usually does.

I love that the three of us, mother and daughters, can all run together. Such a great thing to share, and I can only hope to share that same experience with Hannah...who knows, maybe we'll get three generations to pound pavement together one day. There's no doubt in my mind that you'll be one of those cute old lady runners. The ones that move, albeit a bit slower than others, toward the finish line in their matching outfits.  The ones you look at and think, "I hope that's me someday." 

That's totally going to be you and I'll be so proud.

Happy birthday, mom.
Thanks for being you. 

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I love you, Tara! On my 60th birthday Aly, you and I will run a 5k with Hannah. Let's pick one where strollers are allowed, just in case you or Aly have a tiny little one to push. :-)

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...