For a while now, I've been sitting on a granola recipe from Eat, Live, Run. Jenna calls it "Elvis granola," however I'm not sure why. The main ingredients are peanut butter and chocolate chips. Obviously oats, too. So I think I'll call it Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip granola. You know, just because.
It's certainly worthy of the name:
print the original, or use mine which is below.
PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP GRANOLA
Inspiration: Elvis Granola, Eat, Live, Run
• 1/4 cup canola oil
• 1/3 cup Maple syrup
• 1/4 cup peanut butter
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 4 cups oats
• 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
• 1 cup raw almonds, coarsely chopped
• 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 275F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2) Simmer oil through cinnamon in a sauce pot over medium-low heat for 3-5 minutes. While simmering, mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl—except for the chocolate!
3) Pour sauce over dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Spread granola across the two cookie sheets and bake 40 minutes, rotating the pans from top to bottom at the 20-minute mark.
4) Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Add the chocolate.
Question: Do you like to eat granola dry, or do you prefer to mix it with yogurt or milk? Do you have a favorite granola recipe? If so, link me!