Monday, August 23, 2010
What else couldn't I live without, specifically speaking in terms of my fit life? So I put together the following list.
Tara's Top Five Ingredients for Fitness Success
1) Nut butters. The combination of healthy fats and protein makes me run for the nearest apple after a
2) Ponytail holders. I will never understand how some women can exercise with their hair flopping in
their face. I'd sweat like a pig. Even more than I already do.
3) Dri-fit clothing. It's super breathable, which minimizes sweat (and sweat stains). It also washes
really well, so even the cheapest item is a long-lasting investment.
4) Comfortable shoes. I'm currently rocking my Adidas Supernova Glides like it's my job. Without
them, I wouldn't be allowed to set foot in the gym—proper footwear required!
5) Deodorant. I don't always smell so lovely, believe it or not.
Now, you must realize that we all have different ingredients in our recipes for fitness success. But there is, however, a general yet overarching recipe for fitness success that includes a list of solid ingredients you're most definitely familiar with.
Necessary Ingredients for Fitness Success
1) Goals. They give you a reason to work hard, and they help measure your progress.
2) A combination of cardio and strength exercises. Because one isn't nearly as good without the other.
3) Stretching. It keeps your muscles long and lean, which promotes easier movement and minimizes
the risk of injury.
4) Healthy meals and snacks. You wouldn't water your plants with toilet water, so why put crappy food
in your body? Fresh water keeps a plant alive in the same way that healthy meals and snacks keep
your body alive.
5) Confidence. You are an individual with unique needs. Learn to read your body, learn how to treat it
right and most importantly, learn to accept it. When you do, you'll be stronger than ever—mentally
Question: What's on your personal list of ingredients for fitness success?
Posted by TARA