Wednesday, August 18, 2010

EPIC FAIL (and a smoothie)

Yesterday morning sucked. (Pardon the language, but it really did.) It was Tuesday and I was scheduled to meet a client at the gym for a 5:45 to 6:30AM session. I woke up at 6:00AM to a phone call from the front desk staffer letting me know that my client was waiting for me. EPIC FAIL! What happened to my alarm? With no time to investigate, I threw on some clothes, brushed my teeth and was out the door in three minutes. So glad I only live two minutes away. I was there by 6:05AM and was able to condense the 45-minute workout I had planned into a shorter 30-minute workout. But, seriously—what happened to my alarm? I'll tell you. It appears as if I'm an idiot. Though I've been setting a stinkin' alarm for quite some time now, I failed (because I'm an idiot, remember) to distinguish between AM and PM. And, of course, my phone chose PM. BLAH!

Anyways, my client understood. (Love her!) All is good. And speaking of good, I had time to come home in between sessions. Of course I had to eat, so I made a smoothie. Let's call it the ABP Breakfast Smoothie. A for almonds, B for blueberries and P for a pear. Seriously, it's a winner. Filled with carbs (55g) and protein (13g), it made for a low-fat (4g) and delightfully decent 296-calorie breakfast. And I'm equally convinced it would make a delicious post-workout snack.

Ingredients:
1/3 cup skim milk
3 oz. Greek yogurt
1 Bartlet pear, peeled and cored
1/2 banana
1/3 cup blueberries
1 spoonful finely chopped almonds

Directions:
Throw it all in the blender and blend until it gets smooth enough!

It's that easy! I contemplated adding some vanilla and cinnamon, also a bit of wheat germ and ground flax, but I exercised some serious control—hich I have to do when I work with a blender because otherwise everything and the kitchen sink would end up inside it. It's just too much fun! You never know what you'll get...though I can tell you, you'll get complete and total vomit if you add spinach. Trust me. It's not good.

Question: Have you had an epic fail lately?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my! Those days are the worst. I've done it more than once. And whenever I do I feel like I'm in a funk ALL DAY LONG!

Tammy said...

At least once a day. At which time I curse at myself out loud. Not kidding.

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...