Tuesday, June 16, 2015

#thefitdish Interview: Personal Achievements and Small Ways to Empower the Women Around You

We bloggers like to unite in support of each other. One way we do this: Link-ups. For you readers out there that don't blog, this involves a common topic and the collection of links on the host blogger's site. One of my favorite link-ups takes place every Tuesday: The Fit Dish Link-Up, which is hosted by Jessica and Jill. I mean, obviously I want to #dishthefit. This week's topic is pretty fun:

Jessica and Jill posted a series of questions for us to answer. These questions come directly from a Lorna Jane campaign that ran earlier this year. Its goal was to spread girl power, and the questions were posed to Lorna Jane Clarkson herself. (If you're not familiar with Lorna Jane, it's essentially a woman's activewear company and everything is adorable. I reviewed their NOURISH cookbook, in which everything is/looks delicious.)

So, here are the questions and my corresponding answers. Fun stuff!

1) What is your proudest achievement to date?
My children. Before I got pregnant with Hannah, I imagined what it would be like to go through pregnancy. I'm pretty active and reasonably strong, but birthing a child is no small feat...it's quite humbling, no matter the experience. When I see my kiddos, when I watch them grow and change and be who they are...I can't help but think the most cliche thing: My heart is truly walking around outside of my body: I did that...I created that little person. Every day is a challenge, but I'm so very proud, humbled and honored to be their momma.

2) What keeps you passionate?
Learning. Reading. Seeking. Doing. Being. Loving. And most importantly, believing. Because if I stop doing any of that stuff, I truly just stop. And life is meant to be a series of things that keep going.

3) What makes you the most proud to be a woman?
All the women who make a difference in this world. That's not to say I don't believe in the men of this world, or that I can't be proud of them, but women have always fought the hard fight (historically speaking). So when I see or hear about a woman making a difference in the lives of others, or achieving something substantial on a small or large scale—that makes me proud to be one myself.

4) Why is it important for women to unite as a sisterhood and empower each other?
Because we can, so why not? And because our daughters, nieces and littlest members of the great sisterhood are watching.

5) What are some examples of some small ways we can empower the women around us in our day to day life?
1) Catch yourself judging other women, and stop yourself from doing it.
2) Be nice, pay compliments, exude positivity.
3) Listen...and I mean, really listen when they talk to you.
4) Reach out, use the phone...connect in real life.
5) Don't express or show doubt. Believe in them and their dreams.
6) Be honest. Always.
7) Little girls are miniature women. Respect them, too.

6) What is one piece of advice you'd like to share with the fitfam?
Life isn't a competition. It's a series of adventures meant to be lived and shared, one by one, alone and with each other. Be happy with that. For you, and for those around you. Don't spend your days comparing and contrasting. Spend them uniting with others, men and women alike.

Question: What makes YOU the most proud to be a woman?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...