Friday, February 15, 2013

Hello, Friday.

How much chocolate did you eat yesterday? Me...believe it or not, I didn't have any. I'm a Catholic and it's Lent, so I gave up sweets. I always do. If you know me, this is a huge sacrifice. I also vowed to sacrifice spending unnecessary time doing unnecessary things. (I'm looking at you, Pinterest and Facebook.) Here's to using the next few weeks to reflect on making positive changes in my life, which obviously extends the whole "resolution" concept from January.

We didn't really celebrate a big Valentine's Day yesterday, choosing instead to cook up a nice shrimp-based pasta with a side of white wine and some playtime with our girl. My husband got me this:

And my parents sent us these:

No, I haven't seen the movie. And yes, I'm a little intimidated by the book. It's been a while since I've read classic literature. I'm used to Oxygen Magazine and whatever is in my Google Reader, plus the occasional fun book (I just read Gone Girl, for example). Needless to say, I'm fairly certain the above will take me some time to get through, but I'm always up for a challenge. 

Like, say, taking and teaching my own TRX class yesterday.

I don't have any pictures because it was a spur-of-the-moment thing, but I was feeling so good from a 4-mile run that I just had to keep the physical activity going. And then I taught Foam Rolling. So today, my core is sore and I'm not sure if it's because of this morning's Circuit Sculpt or yesterday's TRX class. 

Regardless, I love it. 
In case you're wondering, this is what my workout week looked like:

What about Saturday and Sunday? Well, Sunday will be a rest day. But tomorrow...I'm hoping for some cardio. I would really like to bust out five miles of running outside, but that all depends on the weather. And/or whether or not I can handle five miles inside on a treadmill. If I don't feel up for it, I'll forgo the depressing (translation: boring) run for a nice jaunt on the Spinning bike.

But for now, I think I'll publish this post and get some work done around the house. Or maybe I'll just relax and start my book. Of course, I have to announce the tea giveaway winner first:



Congrats!

(Speaking of Yoga, totally did NOT get my yoga on this week. I've still got time, right?)

Question: What kind of workouts will you be doing this weekend?


1 comment:

Lora said...

Pretty flowers! I have two 10 mile runs planned for tomorrow and Sunday.

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...