Sunday, March 15, 2015

What happens on Sunday...

...probably won't happen on Sunday anymore.

I'm talking about mass overhaul trips to the grocery store. It's a logical time to do it, we've been doing it for years, but we decided today that we don't want to spend so much of our precious weekend buying food. Seriously, it takes us forever and we're over it and the crowds. So the new plan is to go on a weeknight. Probably on Thursday so we're set for the weekend.

My guess is that I'll be making the trip alone, which is fine by me.
I love grocery shopping. And, #retailtherapy.

But here's what WILL continue to happen on Sundays: Long runs.

My local running group runs on Saturday morning at 9:00AM. Awesome time, I'm just not always up for it after a week of teaching/training. Sometimes a girl just wants to sleep in.

Oh, hell. Who am I kidding:
1) I don't get to sleep in anymore.
2) My hamstrings are always sore after my Friday morning PiYo Live class.

Regardless, Sunday running worked out great for me today. I missed my Thursday morning 4-miler because I didn't want to get out of bed (I sound so lazy right now) and I just knew it would be a long day of coming and going with the kids, so in the name of energy conservation, I let it go.

Based on today's run, I don't think that decision hurt me:

Garmin Forerunner 15, Momentum Jewelry, Live Joyfully
I don't really do any speed training, so my ability to maintain such a pace for eight miles makes me happy. I run for the pure joy of it, as well as the endurance. All I want to do is "go the distance." Whatever that distance might be.

Note: You can check out my 2015 race wish list HERE.

It makes me happy. Like my Momentum Jewelry.

I reviewed their pieces awhile back and was recently chosen to represent them as an ambassador. More on that to come, for sure. This is one of two new ambassadorships I've accepted. Lots going on over here. #happy

This also made me happy:

Man, I love homemade hamburgers. And cantaloupe. But now, I'm off to get ready for the week. Here's to hoping I can find some downtime before bedtime. #rare

Question: When do you like to shop for groceries? How long does it usually take you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...