Monday, March 9, 2015

Graham Cracker Sandwiches

Hello, my name is Snack Queen. And my daughter? Her name is Snack Princess. We love snacks, especially if they're healthy. We have one in the morning, and one in the afternoon. We do our best to make sure they're homemade, but we sometimes rely on pre-packaged goodness.

Today's afternoon snack was a combination of both. Part homemade, part out of the box. Technically, this is a recipe post. But you won't find an actual recipe within. This snack is that easy. And healthy.

healthy snack, graham cracker, peanut butter, fruit


Someday, I'll try my hand at making my own graham crackers. But for now, the kind I buy at the store are getting the job done. You might say we're on a graham cracker kick. A trip to the store is incomplete without a box in the cart. I mean, at least I make my own peanut butter.

healthy snack, graham cracker, peanut butter, nut butter
So that minimizes the "processed" factor a bit.

And this snack is filled with fruit.

healthy snack, applesauce, blueberries, raspberries, fruit
I went with (natural) applesauce, blueberries and raspberries.

I trust you an figure out how to make the sandwiches you see above, but I'll do as bloggers do and break it down by picture for you. Because, #photography.

So first, lay out your graham crackers and slather some peanut butter on them:

peanut butter, graham crackers, snack
Then, spread and/or smash your fruit on one side:

applesauce, peanut butter, graham crackers, healthy snack,


blueberries, raspberries, peanut butter, graham crackers, healthy snack, snacktime
Guess what happens next.
You're right, you do put the sandwiches together:

healthy snack, snack idea, fresh fruit, quick snacks, easy snacks
So good.
Even the picky kid loves them.

I like these as a make-ahead snack, too. I'll often make them at night, store them in the 'fridge, then stick them in my gym bag before heading out in the morning. Carbs, protein, and sweet-tooth satisfaction. All layered up in one healthy snack.

Also, they're super versatile.
I mean, they make more than one graham cracker:

graham cracker, chocolate graham crackers, cinnamon graham crackers, Meijer brand, healthy snack
I've been dreaming about chocolate crackers with peanut butter and banana. Or cinnamon crackers with peanut butter and applesauce. Also, regular graham crackers with Nutella and strawberries. #sinfullydelicious

Question: What kind of graham cracker sandwich would you make?

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Yum! I'd add thin apple slices and almond butter!

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...