Thursday, July 17, 2014

How to Attack the Day (#pinspirationthursday)

Funny story: I actually published this yesterday because I thought yesterday was Thursday. Clearly it wasn't, so I'm reposting today. On Thursday. Because that's when I post Pinspiration Thursday. Can I play the "mommy brain" card, maybe just this once? Or maybe I just "attacked" yesterday with a little TOO much enthusiasm. Either way, I give you this:

OK, so right now BOTH OF MY KIDS ARE SLEEPING. In their respective beds, I might add. Not such a big deal for Hannah, but having Evan in his crib means that I can use the monitor...which means that I can put myself on a different floor of the house...which means that I can use the computer uninterrupted.

Sigh, this is nice.
And a good sign that our days are getting more and more predictable.

#happymom

Here's how I'm making it happen:

Pin / Source
I like having a schedule. I like knowing and/or being able to anticipate when things are going to happen. But that rigidity, that structure...not really sustainable with two kids. Also not sustainable if I want to make the most of this life I've been given. So I'm doing my best mentally (and physically) to adjust, attacking each day as it comes to me.

Here's how I do that:

1) I smile, then I smile again.
2) I plan ahead, but do my best to stay flexible.
3) I do what I can, when I can.
4) I absorb all the moments.
5) I try hard to let go of all negativity.
6) I make time for all the fun, whenever possible.

Question: How do you attack the day with enthusiasm?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...