Saturday, July 19, 2014

Guest Post: Good Morning Drinks

When I was little, I'd start every morning with an ice cold glass of milk. These days, it's water. Or coffee. Like a latte or macchiato if I'm venturing out to Starbucks. But there are other ways I could be starting my day, and Precious of The Coily Bombshell is here today with some of her favorites.

But first, let me tell you some more about Precious: She's a fitness and beauty blogger. After losing over 100 pounds, she decided she wanted to inspire others to reach their goals as well. When she's not typing up a post, filming a video for her YouTube channel or hitting the pavement for a run—you can find her reading a book or spending way too much money at the mall. A girl of my own heart, really. She keeps it real and I'll drink to that.

When you wake up in the morning, what is the first thing you do? Hit the snooze button? Whine? Roll back over? Jump right out of bed ready to start your day? Well, no matter what you do, I have the perfect way for you to start your day right. Every morning, I drag myself out my bed, into the kitchen, and fix myself my morning drink. This usually consists of warm water and a freshly squeezed lemon.

Warm water with lemon has so many great benefits. It's definitely in the lemon. First and foremost, this drink will help kick start your digestion system. You've been sleeping for (hopefully) eight hours, so your body can use that extra kick! The second thing I love about this drink is that it helps to boost your immune system. Lemons are full of vitamin C. Personally, I get sick easily so I have to keep my immune system as strong as possible! One final thing I love about this drink is the way it makes me feel. I feel much more energized—this is great because I also tend to work out about 30 minutes after I drink it.

How to make it? Simple: One cup of warm water and half a lemon.

Another great drink that will help to start your morning off right is a mixture of cranberry juice and psyllium husk.

Psyllium husks are an indigestible, soluble dietary fiber. They’re great for balancing hormones, and they help reduce blood sugar and insulin. Cranberries also have their string of benefits as they are full of vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber. Only thing with this one—make sure you drink a cup of water right after it because psyllium husk can cause dehydration.

How to make it? Simple: Combine 7oz. of water with 1.5oz of unsweetened cranberry juice and 1tablespoon of psyllium husk.

Both of these drinks should be consumed first thing in the morning before you eat or drink anything else! Both are an acquired taste, but trust me, you'll be happy that you're starting your morning off right! It is important to start your morning off with something that is going to really wake up your body. Something that will put you in a good mindset that will hopefully keep you pushing to being healthy and fit all day long!

Because, here at Daily Dose, you know I'm all about being healthy and fit all day long! For more from Precious, be sure to connect with her on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!

Question: What is your go-to good morning drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...