What a week. Our little neck of the woods got hit with some serious storms. We went to be on Monday night, woke up in the middle of the night to a sky lit up like a Christmas tree, which is why this happened:
70mph winds = 1.
My town = 0.
Driving around, you can't even believe some of the damage. Power lines are down everywhere—we were without power for a day, which ultimately forced me to disconnect when my phone ran out of juice. Not gonna lie, it was nice. Obviously I'm up and running again. Figuratively, of course. And since I've got some catching up to do, I thought I'd forgo the usual Pinspiration Thursday post and welcome this new month:
1) Have a baby.
Done. So in love.
2) Respect my post-baby body...let it heal.
I'm 99.9% sure that I'm good to go. The final .1% will come next week when I visit the doctor. I definitely feel great, and I can't wait to get back into some hardcore exercise (like running and HIIT).
3) Finish the baby book and order gender-specific nursery essentials.
The baby book is done from a creation standpoint, but I'm lacking the motivation to fill in the blanks. So it haunts me from my dresser. But the nursery is coming along, albeit slowly. These things take time.
For more on this goal, read THIS post.
5) Research/purchase new gear for post-baby running.
I haven't purchased any new running shoes yet, but I'm leaning heavily toward the new Mizuno Wave Sayonaras. But first, I want to pop into my local running store. Also being debated: Garmin Forerunner 15 versus the 220.
As I continue that internal debate, I'll focus on these July goals.
1) Get into a regular exercise schedule, pending my doctor's approval.
2) Visit my local running store to test out neutral running shoes and/or the new Sayonaras.
3) Put together a list of potential races to run.
4) Run at least 3 miles comfortably.
5) Count calories using MyFitnessPal.
Question: What is your biggest goal this month? How do you plan to reward yourself upon completion?