Hello readers, I’m Nicole from A Wild Hope. I am thrilled that Tara invited me to be a guest blogger for you while she takes her ACE exam. Good luck, Tara! (Thanks, Nicole!)
Like Tara, the focus of my blog is on living a healthy, happy life. One of my favorite things to do is create simple, delicious recipes, so when I was thinking about what to write about for this post, a recipe was my first thought. This time of year is one that is really busy for me, so I always find myself looking for quick and nutritious snacks. I find one of the easiest ways to fuel up throughout the day is with granola; It helps that I love any variation of this versatile snack. Store bought granola can be a sugar bomb, however, so I recently began making my own. This spiced apple version is packed with fiber and protein. It is gluten-free, naturally sweetened, vegan and absolutely delicious.
• 3 cups old fashioned oats
• 1/2 cup quinoa
• 1 large apple (any variety), diced
• 1 cup almonds
• 2.5 tbsp cinnamon
• 1 tbsp nutmeg
• 1/2 tbsp all spice
• 1 tbsp vanilla
• 1/4 cup agave syrup
• 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or vegetable oil
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
• Combine oats, quinoa, apple and almonds in a large bowl.
• In a separate small bowl, combine cinnamon, nutmeg and all spice.
• Add spice mix, vanilla, agave and oil to oat mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
• Spread mixture on a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet in a thin, even layer.
• Bake for 45 minutes, toss mixture every ten to 15 minutes so it cooks evenly.
A Wild Hope. You can also follow me on Twitter at wildlyhopeful for blog updates.
Question: What is your favorite thing to eat in the fall?