Before you wrinkle your nose at the very thought of kale and avocado all mushed up together, hear me out: I swear...double swear...that this is a delightfully delicious combination. I stumbled upon it a few weeks ago when I hit up the new Whole Foods in my hometown. I love guacamole. I love kale. So the idea of the two together as one was intriguing. To me, at least.
nutritional benefits like fiber, calcium, vitamins, minerals...total powerhouse.
Anyway. The recipe. If you check the ingredients list above, I used everything but the tomatoes and the cilantro because (silly me) I forgot to buy them at the store. Verdict: Still delicious without those two things. Add (or eliminate) them if you want.
Inspired by: Whole Foods' Guac-Kale-Mole
• 2 Ripe avocados
• 4 Kale branches, leaves de-stemmed (stems discarded)
• 1 Jalapeno, de-seeded
• 1/4 Red onion
• 3 Cloves of garlic
• 1/2 Tsp salt
• Juice of half a small lime
1) Toss jalapeno and onion into your food processor and chop. Add avocados and process until smooth.
2) Massage the kale leaves to soften them up, then add them to your food processor. Process until smooth.
3) Add garlic, salt and lime juice. Process until smooth.
Try not to eat it all at once. (Good luck!) Feel free to adjust the flavor by adding more or less of any of the above. With three garlic cloves, it was quite flavorful! But I do love me some garlic.
Don't forget to enter my Bare Fruit snacks giveaway!
Question: What two ingredients do you often combine that might sound like a funky combo but are actually quite tasty together?