Sunday, October 3, 2010

I had a relationship with my pizza.

It started with one slice of Veggie (add pineapple) from Silver Beach Pizza and proceeded through, well...a few more slices. I ate a garden salad as well and washed it all down with a glass of red wine. (A 2008 Bodegas Castano Monastrell Yecla, for all you winos out there.) It was a perfectly delicious meal, and contrary to the advice I dished out a few days ago—I ate it in front of the television. Old reruns of The West Wing, which made it a doubly delicious meal. And also proves to you today that I am not perfect.

I share this with you in an effort to help you realize that you, too can slide away from perfection on occasion. It happens and that's life—life, as they say, is just too short to be prim and proper ALL. THE. TIME. Every once in a while you, too can have a relationship with the pizza of your choice. Or the ice cream, or whatever is is you typically deny yourself. Just be smart about it.

Let's take a look at a scene from the movie Eat, Pray, Love (based on the book by Elizabeth Gilbert): 



First of all, I'm not sure how this scene is posted on YouTube for all the world to see considering the movie hasn't come out on DVD yet, but it's there and totally embeddable so...cheers to that, I guess. (And if I spoiled the movie for you, I apologize. Trust me when I say this clip doesn't ruin a thing.) But I digress. I share this clip with you today because I love...LOVE the meaning behind it. It's a meaning that needs no further explanation, mostly because I can't quite top the words of Elizabeth Gilbert. My favorite: "I'm goin' for it. I have no interest in being obese, I'm just through with the guilt."

Watch the scene again, love it and place yourself in it. We can all relate, male or female, to eater's remorse and the guilt and self-loathing associated with it. Right? Right.

Question: If not pizza, what's the one meal you like to indulge in? And, what's the last thing you watched while eating a meal in front of the television?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...