Thursday, February 27, 2014

Ditch the guilt. (#pinspirationthursday)

I recently aligned myself with a new community of I'm Fit Possible ambassadors. Why? Because fitness is for everyone and the possibilities are endless. I believe this for you, you and you. Yes...even you. And my fellow ambassadors believe the same. Basically, we're all "big-hearted, creative fitness enthusiasts" working together to rock social media with the type of inspiration that promotes embracing one's own health while at the same time infusing the world with positivity. Because, let's be honest...we need to support each other.

And ourselves. Because we can't support others to the fullest if we're not, first and foremost, there for ourselves. This approach, this "life needs to be positive" way, is really the best. Right? I mean, life is too short to dwell in negativity, harshness and evil. It's much better lived in a state of bliss.

Especially when it comes to our health.
Don't you think?

This new community I'm a part of publishes an awesome blog that I look forward to writing for someday. It's part of my responsibility as an ambassador, if you're wondering, and it's a responsibility that I'm willing to take on. I digress—You should follow this blog. I caught up on a few posts last night and was really, truly inspired by one that talks about self love.

Pin / Source
Tara (nice name) Gusmanis wrote it. She's the founder of I'm Fit Possible.

In this post, she talks about ditching guilt. Why should we entertain guilt? It's a harsh thing. We should, instead, own our lives. We should stop falling into the comparison trap and do what's right for ourselves. For example, she talks about prepping meals. It's a good thing, yes, but it's not the be-all, end-all to healthy eating. If you can do it, great. If not, so what. You can still eat (and be) a healthy person.

Ditch the guilt.
You have much more to worry about.

Love yourself, readers. I'm serious. Release the guilt you feel for not doing this, that or the other thing. Or for eating this, that or the other thing. Or whatever. Just make room for positive thoughts and actions.

You can do this, I promise.

Question: What one, possibly trivial thing tends to make you feel guilty? What are you doing to stop that guilt?

2 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

Great post!!! I love the concept and idea behind the group. I think it's become so easy for people in a fitness position to always feel the need to look a certain way and well obviously those who follow them then feel that way. I like real! I like our flaws! Ok i could do without this zit, but otherwise :)

adailydoseoffit said...

Ha! I think zits are the exception to the no-self-hate rule. Those pesky things... :-)

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...