Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pinspiration Thursday

My alarm went off at 6:00am this morning and I turned it off. I didn't hit "snooze," I just turned it off. There wasn't any way I was getting myself out of bed to run three miles. I'll spare you the details, but this happens to me about once every month. ANYWAY. I let my mind pay too much attention to the way that I was feeling that I had completely forgotten about the way I'd feel AFTER my run. And yes, as I sit here now and write this, I am filled with regret. Perhaps if I had read this, I would have found it in me to lace up and go:


Sigh. And sad. Epic fail—but honestly, I've been popping Advil all day. I'll catch up with an awesome four-miler this weekend. No more cop-out training runs! Focus, Tara.

Speaking of focus, I power-shopped like a madwoman today. Mostly for some decorative gear for the living room we're in the middle of redecorating, but when a girl walks into TJ Maxx for house stuff, she never walks out with just house stuff. It's as bad as Target for me, really. Sweet score alert:

Not only did I find this discounted bag of delicious granola bars that I can typically only find at Starbucks (for some odd reason), I found these super-discounted Mondetta Performance Gear items:

Yep. Happy dancin'. I'm in desperate need of fitness gear, particularly pants, but I missed majorly on those today. I am so picky when it comes to pants. I don't A) want anything that's going to show sweat, and B) don't want anything that's going to show my butt cheeks through overstretched fabric. I teach group fitness, I bend over in front of people. Not good and not good.

Oh, and if you're wondering who Mina Samuels is, she wrote Run Like a Girl and it's actually a pretty decent book. I reviewed it a few years ago. It's full of girl power and athleticism.

Question: Is there a time that an excuse got the best of you, leading to fitness regret and/or fail? Tell me about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...