Monday, May 7, 2012

5-Minute Calf Blast

Oh, Monday. And it's raining up here in Michigan. This hopefully does not shed light on the rest of my week. You see, this needs to be a fun week. And a pretty one, too. My little sister is getting married on Saturday. The festivities start on Thursday at which point we'll venture down to South Bend, and there's  much to do between now and then. Today, she came up and took my Circuit Sculpt class and we ran some random wedding-related errands before she split for SB.

I don't know why I didn't take any pictures of us in class. I'm so bad about that, the whole taking pictures thing. I use a simple point-and-shoot, so it's not like I have to lug around a bunch of equipment or a big camera. And I even have an iPhone with a camera and Instagram. So it is, I guess. Maybe I need to get this, as it would most likely inspire great usage:

Precious and pink, what more does a girl need? I'm curious if any of you use this camera. It comes with quite the price tag, and I wonder if it's worth it.

Moving on.

We got a bit of a late start to class this morning, and we left the studio for one or two exercises,which means I had to cut out what I had planned for our calf muscles. Don't get me wrong, your calf muscles get worked whenever you use your legs, but it's nice to spot strengthen them as they do respond quite well to such a thing since we don't typically carry a lot of fat in that area.

When it comes to spot training, you can't typically target one area and expect great results. You have to target the area, get great cardio and maintain a healthy diet. (I know, it ain't easy.) For example, you'll never have a flat stomach if you eat crap and don't move. I'm just sayin'.

Back to calf muscles.

Don't forget about them like I did. Try adding this to your next workout:

I mean, it really shouldn't take you any longer than five minutes since you're not messing with equipment. Of course, that depends on how fast you progress. Don't rush, just move efficiently and you might notice your heart rate rising up, too.

One thing I didn't forget about today? Lunch. As if. Here's what I ate:

Eggstrawberryblueberryonionpecanbroccoliblackpepperlettuce, bah! Oh, man...was it good.

Question: Did you forget about anything today?

1 comment:

Brianna Soloski said...

Thanks for sharing these exercises. I'm definitely going to give them a try.

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...