Saturday, May 8, 2010

Are you guilty of sweat-talking?


In this world, there is a time and a place for almost everything. Especially cell phones. According to State Farm, drivers distracted by cell phones cause over 600,000 crashes ever year. Clearly we are incapable of focusing on the road and sending a text or talking on the phone at the same time. And there are studies out there that prove this. Even laws that attempt to prevent it.

So as you cut back your cell phone use in the car, I ask you to do the same at the gym—it's for your own good. (Though people on the other end of a sweat-talk or sweat-text might disagree. And the girl on the cardio machine next to you would like to listen to her music, thank you.) Keep your cell phones in your locker, in your car, in your gym bag. Keep it out of sight and therefore out of mind. You have voicemail, right? Your time in the gym is too precious to waste, and to reap the maximum benefits while avoiding injury, you'll need to stay focused.

I can't tell you how many times I see people on the cardio equipment chatting away on their phones. They are no longer working out to their fullest and their form goes atrocious at "Hello" simply because their brain shifts focus to their phone. Put it down! It can wait, I promise. You deserve this time at the gym. (And also, you're sweating all over your phone which can't be a good thing.)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Amen sista! I don't even want a cell phone when I get back to the states. It's been nice not being attached to one. People here don't have that cell phone culture that we have there. Though, I fear I may be considered an extreme weirdo/social outcast if I don't get one! I'd be the last person on earth without one.....kind like you, the last person on earth NOT on facebook. ;)

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...