If you had 10 minutes, how would you fit in something healthy?
|Like my bracelet? Save 10% when you use my affiliate link.|
A ten-minute window is great, and sometimes all you need to get yourself back on track.
Here, five healthy things you can do in ten minutes (or less):
1) Get up and go for a walk (or run). And while you're at it, tune into a podcast that can teach you something about healthy living. Move physically while you change mentally. #winning
2) Schedule that doctor's appointment. For real, make it happen! It's not like you'll have to go in that day, so if you spend ten minutes on the phone finding an ideal time to attend it, you'll check something off your to-do list that falls under the "keep myself healthy" header. (Note to self: Schedule that eye exam, it's been too long.)
3) Make a smoothie. I know, but you gotta cut stuff and measure and...no. Smoothies aren't that hard to make. Blenders blend, so aside from making sure you're not throwing in strawberry stems and banana peels, you can pretty much just grab and toss and sip. It's really a much better use of your ten-minute window than making a pit stop at your local fast food joint for a bag of fries. Amiright?
4) Meditate, snag a savasana or just close your eyes and breath in silence. Mental health is just as important as physical health. Do this for ten minutes, do this or one minute. The choice is yours, and like that short walk or run, it'll really do wonders for your general well being on a crazy hectic day.
5) Exercise. No, seriously. Ten minutes of exercising can be fun, physically beneficial and mentally awakening (see #1). I mean, you can't really bank on 10-minute workouts every single day, but in a pinch, they most certainly work! Here's an example:
Quick clarification: Half burped. Take your hands down to the floor, bounce your feet back to plank, bring them back in to your hands and repeat. Maybe I should call this a "double-leg frogger" instead.
Question: If you had ten minutes, how would you fit in something healthy?