Saturday, April 4, 2015

If we were having coffee... #ultimatecoffeedate

Saturdays are for easy mornings and cups of coffee. So let's pretend we're enjoying one together right this minute. Iced for me, please.

#ultimatecoffeedate
So if you and I were sitting down for coffee, I might tell you that...

1) ...I have a very mobile little boy.
Evan is ten months old and totally on the move. I can't keep him out of anything, especially his sister's IKEA kitchen. Parts and pieces fly everywhere on the regular these days:

toddler, toys, melissa and doug, kids
2) ...Every little girl should own Disney Princess Magiclip toys.

princesses, the little mermaid, beauty and the beast, cinderella, sleeping beauty, toddler toys, doll collection
A few weeks ago, we emptied Hannah's bunny bank and took her to "the biggest toy store in the world." Translation: Toys R' Us. We let her pick out anything she wanted, and she landed on this pack of princesses. Their dresses literally clip on, and you can "make changes" (as she says) between the princesses. I thought for sure she'd line them up and forget about them, but I kid you not, the girl has been playing with them non-stop. Like, NON-STOP. For hours on end every single day, she sits with them and changes their dresses, makes up voices and stories for them, talks about them...such independent and creative play, I can't even believe it. Little does she know, the Easter Bunny is bringing her Anna and Elsa Magiclip dolls. She's gonna freak.

3) ...I'm so tired of being sick.
Seriously, I'm over it.

4) ...You should read Amy Poehler's book.

reading, books, Saturday Night Live, SNL, funny book, biography
I was always a Tina Fey fan, and I still am, but now I really love Amy Poehler, too. Her book is hilarious. Seriously hilarious. If you can get your hands on a copy from the library, you should totally read it. She's quite frank about things like marriage and dreams and body image in a totally refreshing way. She also gives great SNL details throughout, if you're a fan of that show.

5) ...I'm seriously doubting my ability to run a Spring 25K.
See #3 above. I didn't run at all this week. I've got a ten-miler on tap for today that I doubt is going to happen. I might actually hack up a lung if I go that distance. At this point, I'd be happy with one or two decent, leg-shakeout miles. We'll see. Needless to say, the training has been off, and I'm worried. 

Still got some coffee left? Me, too. Head on over to Lynda's blog and see what everyone else is discussing on this fine #ultimatecoffeedate morning.

Question: What would you tell me if we were having coffee right now?

5 comments:

Confessions of A Mother Runner said...

Hope you are feeling better. Did you get that run in? Thanks for joining us for the Ultimate Coffee Date it's so much fun to meet up that way

Kekibird said...

Being sick is never easy, especially as a runner or a mom. It seems near impossible to heal as quickly as you'd like or as quickly as your family would like! Hope you feel better soon!

MB Jackson said...

UGG I have had some allergy , snot, coughing thing going on for weeks now! I feel you! It does make training tough! I hope you get out there soon! Happy Easter!

adailydoseoffit said...

Fingers crossed for a run in the morning! Finally feeling like it's even possible!

adailydoseoffit said...

I love my kids with all my heart and soul, but if they would just NOT cough in my face.... :-)

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...