Saturday, February 21, 2015
I'm pretty sure I picked this one up from my littles. They had bronchitis, ear infections, Hannah actually puked at the doctor's office (lovely)...I mean, I adore them, but I can't even tell you how many times I've been sneezed on over the course of this past week. I wanted to run today, was up for six miles, but that didn't happen. Maybe tomorrow? We'll see.
Maybe I'll just stay inside and catch up on some reading.
there is so much to learn from your second child!
2) I made my own pasta sauce the other night using a recipe from a recent issue of Parents. It was good, and now I'm totally obsessed with making my own pasta sauce. I think I'll try this hearty vegetable pasta sauce next.
3) In an effort to get in touch with my sugar intake, I'm quietly observing all that I eat. I've noticed that I need to tame evening food cravings.
4) I teach a weekly Spinning class. I get a lot of regulars, but that doesn't mean they ride perfectly. So I'm constantly talking about form and other tips to help them get the most out of their ride. Behold, these top six Spin class mistakes (all of which I agree with completely)
Want more information about Spinning?
• Spinning During Pregnancy: How to Ride Safely when You are Expecting
• 8 Tips for Taking Your First #Spinning Class
• A Spinning Certification Review
5) Speaking of getting in touch with my sugar intake, I'm gonna memorize these 7 tips to reduce sugar intake.
6) I love squats. We've been doing a lot of squat variations in my Barre Fit class, and I recently introduced a new section in PiYo Live that calls upon curtsy squats. Seriously, there are so many ways to squat.
7) People have their opinions about juice cleanses, and I get asked about them frequently. Honestly, I'm not a fan—but I respect your opinion if you are. Nonetheless, you should know what a juice cleanse does to your body.
8) I think Snickerdoodles (I know, I just talked about reducing my sugar intake) are one of my favorite cookies. So naturally, I'm gravitating toward this Snickerdoodle apple bread.
9) I love traveling. Airports make me happy in that gonna-have-fun-soon type of way. They also make me really mad sometimes, so I appreciate these airport hacks and will implement many of them on a vacation this Spring.
10) You should see my house right now. #disaster (I'm not even joking.) I used to be so organized, but lately, I feel like I'm excelling at disorganization. So I'm going to be the most organized person in the world, starting now.
Question: What are your thoughts on juice cleanses?
Posted by TARA