Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Up next: Fall fitness plan.

I have been training for a half marathon since March. To some, that might not seem like anything. But to me, it seems like a lot. Factor in a hefty teaching schedule, other job responsibilities, plus life at home with my family—It's a lot for a girl to handle. Even if I do only work part time. Because trust me, I'm not the type to sit on the couch and eat bon bons in my free time. I keep it busy. So I've been reflecting on the "What's next?" question all weekend.

And looking at my new medal, too:

I know it's not about the medal, but when you get one, you want more. And I know that I could probably whip out another half or two before the year is out. But as of right now, I think this is going to be the last half I do this year.

Blue and sparkly on the back:

Mom and sis are running a half marathon in a few weeks. Part of me really wants to run it, too. But part of me knows that I need a break.

I'm tired, y'all.
Mentally tired of the training schedule.

I want to run free for a bit. Not because I "have to," but because I want to. I want to run to relax, not to race. But that's not me saying all races are off the table because I think it would be fun to do some smaller, more local runs.

I'm thinking The Color Run in October in my hometown (if it's not sold out).
And I might join a team and run a leg of the Grand Rapids Marathon. (Just a leg.)

We'll see.

I'm also going to be adding another Spinning class to my schedule at the end of the month. One of my instructors will be out for a few weeks and I've agreed to take on her class.  So I'll be teaching five times a week at that point.

I'm not sure I can handle a training schedule AND five fitness classes.

So I'm going to settle for these two beauties:

I only pick races with cool medals.

Just kidding (sort of).

MY FALL FITNESS PLAN
MONDAY: Circuit Sculpt (60min)
TUESDAY: Spinning (45min) and Kettlebells (30min)
WEDNESDAY: Spinning (60min)
THURSDAY: Rest
FRIDAY: Circuit Sculpt (60min)
SATURDAY: Rest or Run
SUNDAY: Rest or Run

Saturday and Sunday will be interchangeable because I never know what we'll be doing. I'll snag two rest days or I'll go for a run on one day (but never both). And when I say rest day, I'm leaving that open to some gentle yoga if the opportunity presents itself. I miss yoga.

Question: What are your Fall fitness plans?

2 comments:

Lauren S said...

That is the prettiest medal I have ever seen! Super jealous!

adailydoseoffit said...

Isn't it adorable?! I think it would be so fun to design race medals.

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...