Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Three Years of Marriage

Three years ago, I married a man who could not be any better for me. We are opposites in many ways, yet alike where it counts the most. He is my husband, my friend and my protector. He is my daughter's awesome father.

I am not always the easiest person to live with. I can be a royal pain in the ass. I can be immature—I'm talkin' the funny noises, stupid jokes and bugging him endlessly when he's almost asleep just so he can't fall asleep before me type of immature. I can be weird, even. But I can also be forgetful. And somewhat self-obsessed when it comes to things I want and/or need to get done. This makes me human. This makes me ME...and he accepts all of these quirks with open arms because he has his quirks, too. Like the fact that he won't let me put a picture of him in this post, jerk. I accept this (after whining like a five-year-old and laughing out loud while jumping up and down throwing a fake tantrum). This behavior, this banter is what makes us US. And together, despite our tendency toward the silly, we make each other better, happier people. We've done this for three years, and I know there's more to come.

Source: google.com via Tara on Pinterest

2 comments:

Kelly McNelis said...

Happy Anniversary!

adailydoseoffit said...

Thank you!

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...