Friday, June 1, 2012

Stalk your dreams.

It's graduation season, and all the kiddos in my town are doing so this weekend. Mine, of course, is not. Unless you count moving up a size in clothing. I guess that's sort of an accomplishment in babyland. As if I need another excuse to buy her something to wear. We hit up Target today (always a bad thing) for some new jammies (and some other items that I don't really need but can't live without), and I absolutely cannot wait until she is old enough to wear all the little girl workout gear. Like these running shorts:

I mean, I want them for myself. But since they're the size of a notebook, I clearly won't be able to fit much more than a calf muscle into them. So I'll just live vicariously through Hannah when she's old enough. Or I'll buy the adult version, but their colors aren't as cool.

Anyway.
On graduation.

We're headed to the 'burbs of Chicago tomorrow for my cousin's high school graduation party. We'll be riding with my parents, and since we'll be getting there early, I told my dad he has to make a pit stop at Trader Joe's.

"Fine...if you promise not to walk around forever."

I make no such promises. Ever.

But if any graduates out there are reading this, I promise you all that hard work will pay off. Graduation is a beautiful accomplishment, one that opens doors to plenty of opportunities. Never forget what it feels like to grab your diploma...that feeling means that you can do absolutely anything you put your mind to. That you can make any dream come true, really.

And that's that, short and sweet today. Missy Pants is sleeping, and I'm knee deep in The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest so I've decided to forgo the to-do list for some quiet time. Mommy needs some quiet time. And a snack, but that's neither here nor there.

Some last-minute of wisdom, highly appropriate for this graduation weekend:

Question: The hubs and I are thinking about taking our first family vacation in the fall. The goal is to go somewhere easy, fairly inexpensive and infant friendly. Anyone out there care to make some suggestions? (I know, totally random question.)

1 comment:

Tammy said...

LOL. He really did say that!!!!

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...