Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The "I Want Sore Legs" Circuit

I subbed another TRX Bootcamp today, and the first thing one of the girls told me (before I even started class) was that she wanted her legs to be sore after class.

Dear girl, you never tell a trainer you want sore anything. Fuel, meet fire.

I immediately scrapped some of what I had planned in favor of a few additional leg-heavy moves, which ultimately left her both grateful and sweating more than usual. Go me...and go her. She rocked the workout, as did everyone else in the class.

Here's the irony: My legs are extremely sore today. I brought back the tick-tock lunge in my Circuit Sculpt class on Monday, and I've been doing bits and pieces of Valerie Waters' I Want My Bikini Body Express workout. I'm feeling it in my quads, for sure, which is the one place I usually don't feel it. Ever.

Also ironic: This was posted on FitFluential's Facebook page:


Good point, Jillian. Good point.

I honestly wanted to throw in the towel today, and I sort of did with my plan to run, opting instead for a brisk three-mile walk downtown with my best girl. I do love me a good power walk. Especially when I get to enjoy such summery scenery:

I walk by those damn paddle boards every summer, telling myself that it's on my bucket list and that I should just do it already. This summer, I might just do it already.

Anyway.

My walk felt really good. I got the heart pumping and I could feel my legs loosening up a bit, which is always a good thing when you're sore. Not good? Collecting water bottles on the front seat of your car:

Between the car seat, diaper bag and whatever else, grabbing the water bottle is the last thing on my mind when I'm walking back in the door.

Anyway (again).

Let's talk about that "I Want Sore Legs" circuit, as hinted at by the title of this post. In case you're in need of some leg kickin', I put together the following circuit. Use weights as you see fit, but feel free to go without. In fact, that's what I recommend, at least at first. Remember that your own body weight is still a great weight to use.

So test it out. Let me know what you think.

Speaking of sore legs, I've got to plan tomorrow morning's workout. Time for week two of testing out the I Want My Bikini Body Express program. 

Did you enter my giveaway yet?

Question: How do you feel about being sore? Love it? I do...

3 comments:

@pluvk said...

Ooohh... my legs are shaking just reading your workout! 

adailydoseoffit said...

It should be a real burner...let me know if you try it!

Idorunon said...

I want to start Valerie Water's I want my bikini body workout and I bought it a couple years ago.  I can't find any directions on which workouts to do which days in my package?  Will you share that? 

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...