Thursday, September 29, 2011

WIN THIS: A Sampler Pack of Umpqua Oats

I love oatmeal. Search for it on Daily Dose and you'll find post after post that declares it a breakfast bowl of gold. Well, unless it's "instant" oatmeal. I've always had a problem with the pre-packaged stuff. Particularly if it comes to me through a drive-thru window. Not so good. Not so good because the taste is usually off...not so good because the ingredients are usually unidentifiable. So when I found Umpqua Oats, I thought...well, wouldya look at that! Instant oats I actually want to eat! Why? They're "nutritious, delicious and fast." All things that mean a lot to me when it comes to breakfast. As much as I dislike the fact, it's true that I eat breakfast on the go a lot.


So when the kind people at Umpqua sent me the above to munch on, I munched away with gusto 'cuz the stuff is good. Really good, and I've honestly only eaten through four of the nine you see above. Raving reviews so early? Yeah, that's a good thing. (Remember, I'm a picky oatmeal-eater.) First up? Kick Start.



Nuts, fruit and a dash of brown sugar. I ate it on my way to work (I know, so bad) and it was so good. A little high on carbs (57 grams) and sugar (26 grams), but it IS meant to be a meal. And it DID carry me through to lunch. So did Lei'd Back and Not Guilty.


Apples, blueberries, flax and Chia seeds. Hardly sweet, which made it feel extremely homemade. But it was every bit instant. Translation: Fill up with 2/3 cup of hot water, recap and let it sit for two minutes. Bada-bing, bada-bang! Instant breakfast. I have to say, though...my favorite SO FAR is Old School.


Apples, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts and almonds—oh my! But what I love the absolute most about these oats is not the oats themselves, rather, it's the company story. Just two moms in search of a "healthy, quick and mobile breakfast for active people everywhere."

I know, right?

Use the Store Locator on their site to find this deliciousness in your area—or you can enter my contest. Yep, that's right. Two lucky Daily Dose readers will each win one sampler pack of Umpqua Oats. TWO of ya! To enter, visit the Umpqua Oats site and decide which flavor you'd most like to eat and tell me as much in a comment below. Please leave an email address in your comment in case you win. Do the following for extra entries:

1) Like Umpqua Oats on Facebook.
2) Follow Umpqua Oats on Twitter.
3) Like A Daily Dose of Fit on Facebook.
4) Subscribe to A Daily Dose of Fit via email.

Best of luck! Contest ends next Thursday, October 6, 2011 at midnight EST. Two winners will be chosen and announced on Friday, October 6, 2011.

10 comments:

Lauren said...

R U Nuts? sounds delicious!
lauren.prust@gmail.com

Lauren said...

I like Umpqua Oats on FB :)
lauren.prust@gmail.com

Lauren said...

Following Umpqua Oats on Twitter! @goofyfrito
lauren.prust@gmail.com

Lauren said...

Already an email subscriber :)
lauren.prust@gmail.com

Tami said...

Cannot think of a better option for Paige before those 5 am skating lessons....

Susan said...

Timeout sounds tasty!

susan.bedsworth@gmail.com

Susan said...

I liked Umpque Oats on Facebook.

Susan.bedsworth@gmail.com

Susan said...

I follow Umpqua oats on twitter.

@skiergrl16
susan.bedsworth@gmail.com

Susan said...

I'm an e-mail subscriber!

Susan.bedsworth@gmail.com

Susan said...

Timeout!

susan.bedsworth@gmail.com

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...