Friday, September 9, 2011

School days, school days...

...oh, those dear old Golden Rule days! You either loved them or hated them. Me, I loved them. Call me a nerd, but I always enjoyed learning new things. Even more so in college because I got to actually pick my courses of action. So everything I took (Journalism, Advertising and Public Relations, 2D Design, Mass Comm Law...) was a class I truly wanted to be in. Which was great! And I loved...LOVED getting new supplies to use in said classes.

Needless to say, I was envious of the kiddies in my neighborhood this week. Oh, those kiddies and all their new backpacks and pencil cases! I'd be an eternal student if I could.

Lucky for me, I have to be an eternal student if I wish to maintain my personal trainer certification. Just today, Mr. UPS Man delivered my next at-home course.

Give you one guess what it's about...

Given that I'm already five months into my own pregnancy, I'm quite anxious to learn if I'm doing everything correctly. We covered this special population in my initial personal training classes, but I imagine the above will go into greater detail.

I also just found You Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy at my local library. It wasn't until I brought it home that I realized Dr. Oz was an author. Apparently he's quite the deal. I will admit to knowing nothing about him, except for the fact that he's one of Oprah's favorite things. Right? I scoped his Wikipedia page, and some individuals seem to be concerned that his medical practices are somewhat unconventional. I don't know. I don't care, really. I have my own doctors...doctors I trust.

It just makes me further intrigued by the book at right.

I'll let you know what I learn, and I'll let you know what the book says.

Until then, I leave you with this bit of inspiration. Who is George Santayana? Back to Wikipedia I went, where I learned that Georgie was apparently "a man of letters" (otherwise known as a "philosopher, essayist, poet and novelist"). The inspiration:


Remember, it is entirely possible for you to get in shape. To feel healthy. To feel good about yourself. To lift weights. To run a race. To, basically...do whatever you've always wanted to do. Go. Do it. You can, and knowing that is what makes it all come to fruition.

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...