Thursday, September 8, 2011

Planking

Planks. The epitome of all core exercises. For example:

Side Plank with Single Leg Adductions
Plank Jacks
Add a leg kick to your plank
How long can you hold a plank?

You either love them, or you hate them with every fiber of your being. If I may, I might suggest you start loving them...but I digress. Planks are all the rage. And not for the reason you might think. Planks are hitting the Internet by storm. Check it:



There's even a site dedicated to planking, which features pictures of people planking in spots across the world. Although, realistically speaking, they're not doing quite the same type of plank done in gyms for fitness purposes. But still, core strength is required. And it's kind of fun to see where people are "planking" themselves.

This is where I give you a fitness funny.

Forget about planking. It's all about Batmanning now. If you know my husband, you know why I personally find this entertaining.



Seriously, though. I don't know how these dudes do it. That's some major ankle/shin strength right there if you ask me.

Enjoy...and be careful if you try either of the above. If you ask me, I think we should all just stick to regular planks. On the floor. In the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...