Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Zucchini Angel Hair Pancakes

If your produce drawer looks anything like mine...

...it's full of zucchini. I love me some zucchini! And it's coming aplenty right now, and in rather large formats, too. Perfect for making all your favorite zuc recipes. Lord knows I have plenty. Actually, I have an entire cookbook devoted to recipes that employ the big green thing. It might be my most favorite squash of all, which is why I was all too happy to give Cooking Light's Zucchini Angel Hair Pancakes a try. Aren't pancakes the best, too? Take a look:

Oh, that? That's an al fresco Sundried Tomato chicken sausage. Seriously, if you haven't discovered al fresco chicken sausage...run to your nearest grocery store right now and get to hunting for it. It's by far my favorite chicken sausage out there. For real. And it comes in a wide variety of flavors. I have yet to find one I don't like. Back to the pancakes: I followed Cooking Light's recipe exactly, the link to which you can find above, but I might suggest you consider the following thoughts.

1) Try using a bit less pasta than suggested. Substitute whole wheat pasta while you're at it.

2) Don't skimp on the fresh herbs. I did, mostly because I forgot to buy them. While the dried version worked find, fresh is probably best.

3) Any marinara will do, dip or spread it. Whichever you prefer.

4) Instead of cooking it all in one pan at the same time (per the recipe), make pancakes. They'll cook quicker and you can control portion sizes better.

5) Sprinkle ground pepper on top, even some more parm if you feel so inclined.

6) Beware this makes a lot. I got about eight pancakes out of it.

7) Try some yellow squash, too. And let me now how it turns out. I bet it'd be delish.

8) From the husband: "I bet you could ground up the sausage and cook it IN the pancake since the sausages come precooked."

Question: What's your favorite zucchini recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...