Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Biceps and Triceps Exercises

Today was a cardio day. I didn't lift a single weight, save for the few I moved around for my clients and my TRX Bootcamp. But tomorrow, well...another strength day. I've added my third workout back into my week. (Don't worry, I lift easier these days.) It just feels right, and I feel better mentally and physically because it's a workout just for me (and Baby). Aside from the past few weeks, I've been relying on my Monday/Friday Circuit Sculpt classes for all of my strength training. They've done me well, but they are a bit limiting given the lack of equipment in the storage closet. So in my Wednesday strength sessions, I've taken to using some machines. Mainly of the cable nature.

It's been going well. Nice to have some variety again.
I think my muscles are responding. At least as much as they can in my present state.

You know, since I have to be careful about how much I lift. I've added a few reps to the exercises where I really need to just add the weight, but can't.

So when, you might be wondering, do biceps and triceps come into this conversation? That's why you're reading this post, right? Well, they come into it right now.

I think that when it comes to biceps and triceps, I get bored really very easily. How many curls and extensions can you really do—with weights or on a cable—before you get truly bored out of your mind? And if you're bored out of your mind, then your muscles probably are, too. Which means no further advancements in strength and/or weight loss can be made.

Until you switch things up, that is.

Here's a video from Oxygen with a few minor tweaks to the standard bicep curl and triceps extension:



If someone could just try the first and let me know how it goes...I'm fairly certain Baby will get in the way of any of my own attempts, but it truly looks like a good maneuver.

Cheers.

Question: How many times a week do you strength train?



2 comments:

Erin M. said...

Hi Tara! How have you been feeling?? I want to see more baby bump pictures :)

Anyways, I used to strength train with free weights at least 1 - 2 days a week but now that I am training for a triathlon I have put it on the back burner.

I feel like I still get a lot of strength training from yoga (which is a great workout if you haven't tried it yet) and continue to do chair dips and planks at home so I think I'm still in good shape but I definitely WANT to add at least 1 day of free weights back in.

I love all of your advice though and can't wait to get out there!

Have a great day!

Anthony Huber said...

Building biceps are some of the most noticeable and appreciated muscles on the male physique.It is important to limit working out to three or four times weekly. This gives the body the needed time to repair itself. You could injure yourself and negative impact your goals by working out too often.

Boot Camp Temecula

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...