Friday, April 9, 2010

Upcoming events!

One of the things I love the most about the health and fitness industry is that there's never a shortage of things to do. It's a big industry right now (as it should be) and it continues to gain popularity as we learn more about our bodies, what they need and what they can do. And with the onset of spring, this is the time of year that we start to see flyers and posters for events that educate and challenge us. Every time I go to the coffee shop, I check out the bulletin board for local races. And I can't wait for the first farmer's market so that I can eat a little fresher.

Just last week, I signed up for two events that will take place next month.

On May 1, I'll be running the Susan G. Komen Northern Indiana Race for the Cure in my hometown. Have you ever run a local race? Though it is a competition, there generally isn't any pressure to win. Some walk, others run...but everyone has fun.

And on the 15th of May, I'll be visiting Chicago to attend the SELF Magazine Workout in the Park. As a first-timer, I'm not quite sure what to expect. The official website describes it as a day filled with exercise classes and complimentary samples from a variety of great vendors, which sounds fun. And the ticket prices gets me a subscription to SELF, so that's cool.

Google both if you're close enough to attend. And keep me posted on any other events you think I might be interested in! If you're not close enough to attend, I am almost certain you'll find events just like these in your area. If you do, attend them! Then tell me all about it.

Update:
Read "Susan G. Komen Northern Indiana Race for the Cure," "SELF Magazine Workout in the Park," and "RetroRobics—The videos!" to see how much I enjoyed the aforementioned events.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've always read about this SELF workout and wanted to go!! Let me know how it is. :)

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...